1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I make this bike race ready?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Jame Ransom, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Jame Ransom

Jame Ransom Member

If so, who, if anybody, can I talk to locally in the Birmingham AL area to help me? Any advice on this appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

[​IMG]

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can make any bike race ready.

No Brakes and RRP like this.
  3. Jame Ransom

Jame Ransom Member

I guess I should have asked a different way. I know about the safety wiring or at least I think I do from reading the rules. My question goes to what I have to have in regards to plastics (if any)? Can you help me with a short version of things I need to look at to make a "naked" bike comply?

4. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

A belly pan is required, but bodywork is not.

5. Jame Ransom

Jame Ransom Member

This was one of my primary concerns...and I have heard that a simple wired on foil turkey basting pan can suffice? Is this true?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What mech said and yes, a roasting pan will suffice - but full bodywork would be better. Pretty sure I've covered all nekkid bikes and allow full bodywork to be added.

I haven't even looked close - what is it?

7. Jame Ransom

Jame Ransom Member

BMW S1000R

I have searched pretty extensively online for a belly pan at least. I cannot locate anything made for this model. I do not wish to make extensive modifications in order to fit a belly pan. If you know of anything that will work that's where I will look.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Personally I'd put RR bodywork on it.

9. Jame Ransom

Jame Ransom Member

If I can get that too fit without having to cut away on the bike or do modifications such as that then I would probably do that as well.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same frame isn't it? You'd have to take the lights and such off but that's a good move no matter which route you go just because they aren't cheap to replace. If you don't get an answer in here soon post over in the tech section.

11. Jame Ransom

Jame Ransom Member

Same frame? Don't know for sure. Can't recall seeing any other aftermarket part that are sold that fit the Single R and the Double R. Emailed Sharkskinz...they don't have anything to fit it. Google search for it turns up one here http://www.ilmberger-carbon.de/web.aspx?PageID=29&WPParams=50C9D4C6C5D2E6BDA5A98696AB for 590 Euros ($640ish U.S.) OUCH!

Here is a little cheaper https://www.euronetbike.net/ilmberger-veu-215-s100n-k.html

Can you tell me from pics if it will suffice, or can be modified to comply?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't spend that kind of money on a bellypan, you'd be way better off finding one from anything else and modifying it to fit or the roasting pan route.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You definitely do not need to stick with things for that specific bike, a little creativity goes a long way rather than spending way too much money.

14. Jame Ransom

Jame Ransom Member

yeah, really wasn't planning to, plus, it doesn't appear to be fluid retaining anyway, so likely a waste of money from the get go. Thinking a turkey pan will be the quick fix.

15. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

I would assume 2010-2014 RR bodywork would fit excepting that the upper front cowling will need to be trimmed/excluding the windscreen due to interference with the oem handlebars. Might need an RR front stay to mount the nose fairing to though.