1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 NFL Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

The Rams have really been upgrading. Talib and Peters.

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I'm just waiting for the Patriots to sign Richard Sherman, Demarco Murray, Frank Gore, and Jankowski. They like the older players. :cool:

3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Pretty sure neither one of them won last year :Poke:

dtalbott likes this.
  4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Lots of teams trying to make some upgrades, but the Browns will still be the Browns lol... Maybe they'll get 2 wins this year instead of 0...

dtalbott likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

6. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Titans cleared $13 Million in cap room, and already had tons of cap room. Either JRob (GM) is clearing the deck to f some sh@t up in free agency, or he's getting ready to pay some people since a bunch of the contracts are coming up - Mariota, Kevin Byard (Safety who should have been a 1st team lock for the Pro Bowl), Jack Conklin (LT) and some others. Letting go of DeMarco Murray means they either go after Dion Lewis, or they save it for the draft and go for a 4th-5th round value in someone like John Kelly (RB-Tenn).

In the draft, they need D-line help for Jurrell Casey, still need a lockdown CB, and need some speed/hands at WR too. Oh, and someone, anyone, who can play interior line would be nice. Ben Jones (C) was hurt most of the year, but I don't know how high they are on him.

Look for Titans to be a pass-first offense, but still with some balance, next year - Rams style offense, but with a bunch of RBs who don't matter (a la the Patriots).

In the NFC, I look to Minnesota to do well. Maybe even make the next jump if they can stay healthy. I think Philadelphia still does well, but ends up with injuries and more adversity - especially if Foles lands elsewhere.

7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Who's gonna be the Vikings QB?

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Kirk Cousins or Nick Foles

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Bringing Fran Tarkenton back. :crackup:

dtalbott and Razr like this.
  10. Lawn Dart

11. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

Vikings will overpay for Kirk, lose some good players, and not upgrade or improve depth at the line.

I predict week 1 Kirk gets a knee blown out and the team goes forward with a QB from the practice squad because #WayoftheVikings.

MachineR1 likes this.
  12. Lawn Dart

Rumor is $86 Million all guaranteed - 3 years? Holy shit, Cousins just about won the lottery...

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

again.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  14. Lawn Dart

There's a post on Reddit about him playing the money game about as good as you can... Franchised twice, then winning the FA lottery, now probably winning it again, for the moment. I haven't seen numbers on Case Keenum's contract with the Broncos yet, but I'm certain Cousins will still be bigger.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have a hard time imagining that Keenum can pull Cousins kind of money.

16. Lawn Dart

I'm having a hard time imagining the Broncos wanted Keenum over Cousins, but what Elway wants, Elway gets.

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

There was no guarantee they would have gotten Cousins. Plus I think Keenum is not a long term investment, Broncos have the 4th or 5th draft pick and will probably go after someone there,

Lawn Dart likes this.
  18. Lawn Dart

What I read - they didn't even make him an offer. I get there's no guarantee, but it was like a quick meeting and "on to Keenum".

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's also very easy for the person being interviewed to convey subtle hints that the prospective employer should not bother with an offer. It could be Cousins who wasn't feeling the Broncos.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  20. Lawn Dart

I guess that's true... I've certainly torpedoed interviews I wasn't interested in. I never really consider football players to be really picky about teams (except, like, Cleveland... But even they get players).