1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Race 2 canceled due to disconnects in race 1.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That sucks that they are still having issues during the big events.

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

All three of us ended having disco's. Luckily mine came right after my final driver change.
    Ended up with a 50 second lead over 4th 2 laps down from 2nd.
    Another podium finish after starting from the pits :)
    And there's no results showing.

4. Venom51

Sweet....

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

@Venom51 what program do you use for streaming ?
    Streamlabs has been suggested

7. Venom51

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I was told that Streamlabs bought out OBS and their software is better

9. Venom51

Ok....I still use OBS. Streamlabs is targeted at people who don't want to or are capable of learning the ins and outs of setting up OBS on their own. It's still the same platform underneath. You also can't "buy out" open source software. It's a fork of OBS.

BigBird likes this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

In the past when I heard you guys talking about disconnects, I assumed it was on your end....bad usb cable, local provider, etc. But, now it appears this is an i-racing problem on big races? So when you guys are doing your Tuesday night races, is this a non-issue?

11. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Non issue in my short experience. Only saw 1 racer booted for his connectivity. Our sessions were flawless from the iRaci g host. I have limited experience though. I think their big events are hundreds or more of people connected to race, and likely more actively watching

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Only disconnections in tuesday night races is when Fraley Owls someone too hard and they get pissed off.
    Ive never had any i racing disconnects ever, I think its just a "big event" thing.

G Dawg, Boman Forklift and vfrket like this.
  13. Venom51

You have to know the whole picture. iRacing uses week 13 to release new content. Not clever of them to schedule a large endurance event shortly after patching the systems for new content as well as introducing new features such as the new button mapping mechanisms. We will get some information about the issue but at this point the endurance racers are pretty cheesed off about what seems to be recurring issues with the larger events.

Driver disconnection issues are almost always related to network issues. Mostly local network issues. Crap ass routers and racers running wirelessly accounts for most of them.

When you have a mass of drivers all in the same race being disconnected that is almost certainly a server side or provider side issue.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    BigBird and G Dawg like this.
  14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Any idea on when we are getting together to set teams ?

15. Venom51

I also must note that some of the disconnects you heard us talking about were equipment disconnects and not iRacing disconnects. I had a ground wire that broke off it's solder point in my wheel that caused it to disconnect when it would flop into something else in the wheel.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. Pittenger5

The Sonoma GRC course is awesome if you want to practice sliding. Its probably my favorite GRC course so far.

G Dawg likes this.
  17. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

I did some practice runs yesterday. Actually got a 1:59 but feel that I can run :01/:02 fairly consistently. Nervous as shit for tomorrow.

18. Pittenger5

Fraley is a bitch

19. Venom51

Why? The first race ain't until next week.

20. Venom51

We need to run tonight and work out teams for PRL.

code3ryder likes this.