School shootings / Mass Shootings / Solutions Thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by galloway840, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

Fire marshal's worst nightmare.

2. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Or common sense.

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I had a pair of Vans in my bag at DEN last week that I had spilled a little VP C12 on.

They tortured me for 45 minutes. Oh, and when they unpack all your shit, they dont repack it for you. C**ts.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Or we could just implant a chip in everyone's brain so we can control them and keep them from thinking homicidal thoughts.

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I like the Svalbard Seed Vault design.

[​IMG]

Banditracer and rd400racer like this.
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Design it correctly and they'll be damn near nothing combustible in it. Books maybe?

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

On the solution side of things and since Republicans are actually considering banning 18-20yo's......which I am 100% against.

But if it shuts up the RINO's and Libtards, I think I would be completely OK with a mandatory class for them BEFORE releasing the rifle to them. I like to think training is a good thing and should be encouraged to a lot more than just the 18-20yo's.

galloway840 likes this.
  8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

There's one sure fire solution.

Start the discipline early and often, and if the parents balk, discipline them too.

Enough of foisting the unchaperoned onto the rest of society to raise. The village has enough idiots.

badmoon692008, crashman and brex like this.
  10. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

We had the same experience last week - although the school was quicker to send out the notices. Kept the kiddo home that day.

There isn't a perfect solution. The school hands out iPads - most of their classes could be done at home, (virtual classroom), but the school has become the babysitter.
    I can walk into my kids school lobby, but have to get buzzed in to enter beyond the locked doors. However, the open counters can be jumped over. Pseudo security, but the 60 year old women that is 80 lbs overweight is keeping the kids safe /sarcasm/.
    There is a sheriffs vehicle in the parking lot, never seen him/her and I pick up and drop off a lot.
    The start of the school day is a mess - no traffic cops - this school is 1800 students, with high school kids driving with all of their experience.

I was at the Ford Motor Company Wixom assembly plant during a work place shooting. http://www.workplaceviolence911.com/docs/ViolenceSpillover.htm
    Security procedures changed after that.

ID badges, prominently worn, activated the turnstile just enough to let one person through. No ID, no entry. This is like the average office building, no tailgaters following someone else into the building.
    It wouldn't have worked for the Columbine shooting, those were enrolled students. But it might have worked for Parkland or Sandy Hook. Visitors do not have access to the grounds, much less the building.
    X-ray backpacks might help, maybe randomly? IDK - kids with a history of issues get their things scanned every day. This would work if they were a loner, but two kids working together could get around it. Implement a no-tolerance for threats? - they get to go to juvenile jail school.

Reading about not just the shootings but all terror acts, it's hard to defend all the different ways that could be used. Australia banned guns, but they've had arson and truck/knife attacks. Arming teachers, who are trained and qualified, may be a deterrent to someone wanting to use a gun but may cause a change to another method of attack. Guard the class room and then the target changes to Friday night football, or the school assembly.

I tell my daughter to have situational awareness - keep her head on a swivel, notice everything, trust her instincts and be ready to run. Rule #1: Cardio.

It really sucks that the kids innocence has been taken from them.

(well, look at that rambling mess I just wrote)

galloway840 likes this.
  11. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

12. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Is it co-sponsored by any Republicans? My guess is these things are written and ready to go, doesn't mean it will gain sponsorship and pass. 2018 Midterms are coming...

13. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

167 co-sponsors - all democrats

XFBO likes this.
  14. galloway840

Boating accident got me too.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

So..with a shift of the balance..this is what the other side feels is fair for all of US. (Common Sense Gun Laws).

17. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

You didn't read the gibberish? Thought it said it wouldn't apply if you owned one before the bill passed.

I could be wrong. It's legalese.

Did see where you could have one if you were ex-police in good standing, but didn't mention prior military.

18. galloway840

For sure they do. Don't doubt it for a minute.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Honestly what do I think you can/should do?

You have to treat it like they treat terrorism. They tell you to report things that are out of the ordinary and they take it seriously and investigate. They need to dedicate more resources to intelligence gathering so they can be more pro-active against threats. Having more people ready to shoot at people who are shooting is not a solution, its treating a symptom. You don't hear much about what's the best way to counter an active terrorism situation, you hear about stopping them before they happen.

Same thing applies here I think.

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

My opinion is...pay more attention to the things that kill more children over the long term, instead of knee jerking over these shooters....Protect the schools, the way you protect airports and sporting events...wacked people are wacked, you aren't going to legislate them into being normal.

badmoon692008, RRP and galloway840 like this.