1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dicks Sporting Goods (Field & Stream) to stop selling Assault-Style Rifles

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by rcarson15, Feb 28, 2018.

1. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

http://pressroom.dicks.com/press-in...ampaign=CS2015&utm_term=&utm_content=20180227

Also not selling to anyone under 21 and no high round mags, regardless of state laws.

Idk where Dicks Sporting Goods (also Field and Stream) stops and Dunhams or anything starts, but IMO, it's not meant to stop killings (as that would be impossible).. only reduce casualties. A lot of these firearms in the mass shootings are legally obtained, so while it wont stop "criminals" from getting illegal firearms or falling through loopholes "legally," it could *potentially* stop a teenage idiot from buying one and shooting up the school or shooting in a club or shooting up a concert, and one less person killed would be worth it.

Not saying it's a step in the right direction, but at least it's a step somewhere.

2. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Looks like I will be heading to Bass Pro or Cabelas...

Fencer and Shenanigans like this.
  3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Dick's prices are a joke to begin with.

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I know you're in Kentucky, but Becks in Goshen has a pretty nice little selection, and can order anything.

Same for The Country Attic, in Lebanon.

Fair prices at both.

Shenanigans likes this.
  5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I expect their next press release will be about company lay offs, store closings and a drop in their stock value. They are free to do what they like as it is their stores to do so. This will however, in no way shape or form, prevent anything other than a loss in sales.

I wonder if a 20 year old can sue Dicks for not selling to them because of age discrimination.

Rebel635, Fencer, condon66 and 2 others like this.
  6. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I see it as a marketing tool and think it's pathetic to use a tragedy for marketing. Same with all the companies that dropped NRA. If they really wanted to prevent shootings then drop the sale of firearms.

TLR67 likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

I thought Dicks already stopped selling and carrying ARs and ammo a few years ago. I seem to remember reading they even cancelled sale-orders already in progress.

I’ve never done any business anyway with the one here.

8. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Thanks,

I might have to check them out
    Only new gun on my horizon is to replace the 12ga I use for Duck Hunting. State lines don't matter for long guns and I have a valid passport.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I joined the NRA Monday due to all this push against them.

condon66, Orvis, Shenanigans and 3 others like this.
  10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Saw that shit this AM.... Nothing but National Advertising for Dicks.... They Are sell outs IMO....

brex likes this.
  11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

They are called DICKS for reason....

12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

You should check out indoor plumbing whilst visiting.

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I cant say Ive ever shopped firearms at a big box store.

TLR67 likes this.
  14. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Dicks Sporting Goods did, but they own Field & Stream, which is discontinuing the sales in all 35 stores

15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

They occasionally have decent sales on things, I did purchase a new basketball setup from them on this last black Friday deal. But overall, their prices suck and the checkout line funnel is annoying. But now that they have used their right to make a political statement, I will use mine and not set foot in the place again. Plenty of other places to get the same or better gear at better prices.

Rebel635 likes this.
  16. chwolfe

chwolfe Well-Known Member

So is walking in a circle, but we've got to something.

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

A more effective step would be for big box stores to stop selling any and all video games with guns in them.

speeddaddy and TurboBlew like this.
  18. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Same here (renewed to 5 year)

Joined GOA as well

speeddaddy likes this.
  19. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Why the hell would you want to shit inside? I cain't imagine the smell... You nawtherners sure got some funny ways

scottn likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah? Those bastards! Not selling shit that they are no longer comfortable or no longer want to sell!?!? I'm boycotting them! :rolleyes:

So Dicks and their whatever store no longer sells "assault" rifles and high capacity magazines? Not like there aren't 12 other stores that will still happily sell you that crap.

TurboBlew likes this.