1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California cars and no license plates?

Discussion in 'General' started by EngineNoO9, Feb 12, 2018.

1. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I cant speak for the loony-tune part of the state up north.

2. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I'll have to look at the Jaguar that keeps parking out front of the hotel that has the dealer vanity tag.

3. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Not anymore,think my last one was like 20 bucks,can renew once.Used to give you credit for those days when you plated,but no more.So don't buy a car within a month or 2 of your birthday.You'll pay the temp tag,plus plates for a year, plus the time you had the temp tag,not sure if it's 6mos or another whole year they get you for.

4. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Just because someone can sort of afford the monthly payment on that shiny luxury car doesn’t mean they can afford the sales tax.

5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I hate the state, love the location. I also have the luxury of being able to claim residency in another state, at least for now, so some of the nonsense doesn't affect me.

I live in Mission Beach, so even if I have to become a CA resident and deal with all the bullshit, I'm getting something for it. There's only so much Pacific coastline and I feel lucky to live on it. The thing this state is missing is that when they create sweeping taxes and ridiculous regulations, they affect the entire state. Why would someone who lives in freaking Barstow put up with it? They aren't living at the beach or in the moutains. Califonia has nothing to offer them. They'd be better off moving a few hours east into Nevada or Arizona and escaping the nonsense, and many of them are.

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I bet those in Nevada and Az love that! Only so long until they ruin those states like they did to Or.

7. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Already happening. I've been in Reno 7 years now and housing prices have doubled. So has traffic. The sudden influx has created a huge strain on the infrastructure.

8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Oregonians are a bunch of selfish babies. It's not Californians' fault, it just took a while for the rest of the country to figure out that Oregon is awesome.

Kind of like when you find a new restaurant and there's a few month long sweet spot before it gets popular. You had your run, now deal with it or move. :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oregon was awesome. Now the Cali peeps have turned it into Cali Junior.

10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Incorrect. Been to Portland? That's Seattle's fault. :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha! I blame Seattle on the influx of Portlanders running from the Californians :D

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Ha, those in Portland talk about the "Washington (as in state not DC) tax cut" causing a lot of the traffic problems there.

13. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Not really. They are where they were in 2007. I still blame CA people :)

14. EngineNoO9

I don't want to enter dungeon material but the longer I'm here the more it's confirmed to me that most people out here are batshit insane.

I've been in San Diego lots and the bay area makes them look like conservative rednecks in comparison.

I looked at the Jag that one of the hotel managers owns and it's got the Jaguar dealer vanity plate, no registration or anything taped to the windshield. As mentioned above I've stayed in San Diego lots and don't think I ever saw this. Around here though it's all over the place.

15. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Well, I guess if people can get away with it they will.. Different world up there compared to So-Cal. I dont run a front plate on my Audi as I have a different grill on it and I didnt re-install the plate. Of course I run a rear plate. Its only a matter of time before I get nailed and get a fix-it ticket.

16. EngineNoO9

I'm over on the Oakland side (working on coast guard island) so I bet the police probably have bigger issues to worry about than license plates.