1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 YEC/OEM Cams Spec

Discussion in 'Tech' started by EnvyCycles, Feb 10, 2018.

1. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Hey guys,
    I hoping you can help me out with some info in regards to 08+ YEC R6 cams. Im looking for the spec info on them for lift and duration and spoke to Graves but they said YEC does not give them that info.
    If anyone of you has this info and can send me the specs of the R6 YEC cams would be great and also the specs on the stock cam for 06/07 and 08+ R6 cams also.

2. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

What exactly do you require?

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

they aren't gonna give that out, so ya can't go to web or other cam mfgs. and make your own ;) Just like good builders not just posting cam timing #'s (well, not their secret, extra hp numbers anyway) :)

EnvyCycles likes this.
  4. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Im pretty sure those other mfgs already have that info. I know for fact that Web has the info and DanielCrower also, I was trying to purchase a set right from Graves as they are the only ones that have them right now. Anyways I contacted YART and I will get the info tomorrow.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  5. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

So here is the story. We are racing FIM Latin America and they run regular FIM rules. We told them we are going to purchase the YEC cams and they want to know the specs of the YEC cams to make sure they are legal. The rules are like what we had in the past here. Stock lift but duration is free. Issue is that I could not find the specs to show them the stock lift and the YEC lift.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  6. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

2CO intake D@1mm=245.5 lift=8.60
    13S intake D@1mm=244.75 lift=8.59
    YEC intake (-71) D@1mm=246.5 lift=8.61
    YEC intake (-73) D@1mm=249 lift=8.61

these are all intake cams. Too lazy to look at exhaust numbers. The -73 is the newer spec of the two yec. The two stock intakes ARE different, but really, so much the same that they are the same. I could never detect a performance difference.

The lift numbers are, IMHO the same. Two hundredths of a millimeter is really the difference in valve lash....

If I may offer up a little of my experience with the yec cams: if you are running a standard (port) head, using yec cams will make the engine slower.
    And if I may go a little further than that, there are many cams available for R6, and if you want to use a non-standard cam you may want to look around.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  7. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Thank you Dave.
    If you get a chance and find the values for the Ex it would be appreciated.

8. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

The YEC cams are FIM SS legal, that's what they are made for. As can be seen, the duration #'s aren't that different from stock, but the shape of the lift curve is. When I used them in my 565 builds, they helped with PTV issues. I'm not going to dig thru old notes but IIRC they open a bit more slowly than stock then they ramp up more quickly.

9. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Seems pretty silly that good builders would use cams without figuring out the specs before install. They may not publish anything but once its in your hands you can do whatever you want with it.