1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Jan 26, 2018.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

It's a possibility . They had to shut the track down before during a race to repair sections of the track that were coming apart.

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Congrats everyone! Sounds like I picked a good first one! :clap:

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Very happy for Michael Shank Racing :)

tiggen likes this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Corvette got their ass handed to them. That was just sad.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

We'll see if there's a BOP before Sebring.

6. Being a corvette fan and watching that race was like being a Suzuki fan and watching, well, any race :)

Steeltoe, tiggen and G Dawg like this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Except MotoAmerica you mean. ;)

At least GM got the overall. But Chevrolet is going to have to do something about that damn Ford GT.

8. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Oh, snap!

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Corvette won the championship last year. Most teams will sandbag @ the Roar to get an edge for the 24.
    After the race, changes are made if necessary Balance of Performance.

10. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

You did! Longest race in history, first Lambo win, and Acura on the podium in GTD (I'm a Honda fan boy)!

Sorry for Penske, Taylor bros (and dad), HART, Alonso, Legge.

Hopefully, Alonso got bit and will be back. There is nothing better than endurance racing!

BigBird likes this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Long time coming for Lambo! That was huge. Be good to see them more competitive throughout the season.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What's next for Alonso? Le Mans?

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

He said he would like to do that when Jeff Gordon was interviewing him. Pretty good interview .

14. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

Talked to a journalist who goes to all the F1 races and he said that Alonso was a totally different person here. He was very open and genuinely happy to be here.

BigBird likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Gordon interview that Dawg referred to was good in that info because Gordon asked him about NASCAR and maybe coming out and racing the chili bowl, even mentioned Alonso doing supercross. It was humorous. Gordon said that maybe they should team at the LeMans 24 hours because that race was on Gordon's bucket list.

BigBird and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  16. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I think you could possibly say that about any F1 driver whenever they have an opportunity to get away from the shitshow that is their day job.

17. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

Yeah you're probably right.

Too bad for Kevin Magnussen BTW. He was supposed to be in the winning Cadillac but they didn't have enough time to get the details sorted.

18. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Alonso said similar about Indy last year and loved all the up close fan interaction. NASCAR fans will make fun of Montoya's performance and inability to ever get an oval win, but he left the F1 circus so he could "just go race" 30+ weekends a year.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Don't MotoGP riders feel the same way when they come to the US? The anonymity, and the fans not being crazy.

20. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Probably, but in addition to the anonymity I'm sure the F1 drivers are glad to be away from the politics.

MotoGP has its politics, too...........but nowhere near F1-levels.

Is there a driver F1 that seems to be having genuine, visible "fun" with his chosen career, despite the rigors of competing on a world-championship scale?