1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supercross Triple Crown

Discussion in 'General' started by shakazulu12, Jan 20, 2018.

1. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Can't decide if I like this new format or not.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well, so far the 450 #2 race has been rather nuts.

3. shakazulu12

Baget jumped off the track!!

4. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I liked the format but wayyy too much downtime. They need better segments between Moto’s to pass the time. Or maybe a ‘B’ main with all the guys that didn’t make the night show or something.

JBall likes this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I liked it.

6. Critter

Critter Registered

Dumb, it put way too much emphasis on the start, the 250 races were terrible until the last one that was long enough to actually have a race. The races were too short to actually have a race, a race needs to be tiring for pro athletes, the season is grueling and each race should be long and hard, long races put the emphasis on who is physically and mentally tough, if Mike Alessi was racing last night he would have been in dreamland.

ToofPic and VFR#52 like this.
  7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Way too much focus on "entertainment" and not nearly enough focus on racing. Shitty assed short races that put way too much emphasis on the start and very little incentive to actually push for the win. Did they get the people from Napcar to help with that convoluted points structure mess? I am really not a fan.

8. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Boooooring. Way too much downtime. Way too many ads. And lame features on things like the dirt. The show needed more races. Especially in the first hour, but hour two also. We were flipping channels.

And confusing. I’ve raced hundreds of motos since the late 60s and I’m used to this, but I still had trouble figuring out in real time as the last race unfolded, who was where in the standings, and who needed to pass who to get on the box. 3 motos is one too many.

But, hey, great recovery by Tomac. I thought he was toast and Anderson would walk away, and instead he came out on top. Cool.

9. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 2

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Could you imagine what the podium would've looked like if he was bawling like this from just a heat race win?

[​IMG]

Boman Forklift, ToofPic and VFR#52 like this.
  11. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I had to work last night...Soo what did I miss? Will it be re-aired?
    Wish I had pre recorded it,great way to avoid all the promo shit.

12. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

good and bad. I agree that they need more racing in the series, especially when you are on TV live. It was nice to see a couple of match ups of the top contenders, as they sometimes aren't in the heat races, or aren't pushing for the win in the heats, so they can make the mains.

But as others mention, the fact that none of the races are very long, I'd like to see more of a challenge for the riders and reward the fit athletes.

could have been that I am a fan of Plessinger, and given his poor starts recently, I knew it was going to be a tough night on him. I was happy that he's only 2 point down after his showing at A2.

in the 450 class, I really like watching Peick race, and he has been getting good starts, so it went the other way for him.

But I like to see the guys battling back from the back, and that just didn't happen much in this one.

Tomas had a good night, I was sorry Marvin wasn't able to hold it together, but hopefully he'll be back strong soon. KR did well and I was happy to see him make it thru the night without any drama. He'll be moving forward after this round hopefully.

Anderson looked solid but what's not to like about his program right now?

Bam Bam had a glimmer of his former self out there, so that was good.

VFR#52 likes this.
  13. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I like the racing whether its 24x 3 lap motos, heats, mains or whatever. I hate the in between bullshit with 37 announcers chiming in, save that shit for the inflatable ball sports.

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Seems like they are following NASCRAP crap..... Sucks the other one is in Atlanta.... I wont be going this year....

15. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I was timing the gaps between mains. 30 minutes. I can only watch monster energy commercials for so long.

16. shakazulu12

By the end of it, the short races and long commercial times were pissing me off as well.

17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

was glad i recorded it, so i could FF through what wasn't racing .. pretty cool, but not sure it should be done more than 1 or 2 times a year (and that's all they are doing). As many said here, and was said eleventeen times during the telecast, the start was overly important.

JBall and VFR#52 like this.
  18. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Yeah the last 2 race weekends I ended up recording them and watching them on Sunday. No way in hell I would be able to sit through all the commercials.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

So who technically "won" the 450 class in A2? I saw three winners.

And yes, I like the behind the scenes stuff, but there's a lot of filler now to replace the semi's. Semi's were boring - don't get me wrong - but I do feel the momentum leading up to the main, was lost.

20. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Tomac won the "overall". Even when I watch it "live" I start just over an hour after the actual start and watch from my DVR. That way I get to FF thru all of the commercials and I'm done right about the same time the event is actually over.

eggfooyoung likes this.