1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 WERA Classes

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So everyone can plan accordingly - The 2018 Rulebook will be happening soon and we're working on the Vintage classes as well (see the thread in the Vintage section for details) however we do want to let everyone know we won't be running Heavyweight Twins Superstock or Formula 3 in 2018. The 125 GP bikes will be allowed into Clubman (for the old folks, just like when it was Formula Clubman before we split them) and LW Twins Superbike.

We're looking at E Superstock to replace F3 at the Nationals The The HW Twins SS class will run at least one more year at VMD.

The Triple Crown will be happening again and will have two class running at one, 1000 Superbike and 600 Superbike. On track same time, gridded by overall Q time (not in class Q time), scored/trophied/points separate. Not sure on any purse or the like yet but for anyone looking to attend a MotoAmerica race this is the absolute killer sneak in cheap deal with parking for your rv/trailer, paddock access, 3 passes along with your creds and so on. If you're going anyway it's cheaper than the regular gate even if you don't race... Also the Triple Crown may go to 4 rounds...still probably call it a Triple Crown because it makes me laugh.

Updated January 16, 2018 to reflect changes with HWT.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  2. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

Bummer about HWT but understandable. I was going to drag the Buell out this year since the SV wasn't floating my boat. And I can't make it to VMD this year - argh!

3. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

One thought - add more of the older HWT machinery to B-sbk rulebook alongside the 1098 and 1125. 999's, Ape RSV1000 & Tuono. A lot of those don't meet the age requirement for V8H yet.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. jimne245

jimne245 Well-Known Member

Well, I don't understand.

My 'plan accordingly' started in 2017 post Irma when I could not make Atlanta and duel with Stephen (who I believe bought a whole new machine for 2018) - not just today. I have committed funds to my program and sponsors only to find this out today from a text message no less. Apparently there is some conversation to this in Vintage, though I had no reason to look there for anything HWT related - much less about nix'ing the class - or until I find my unicorn 91/92 ZX7R. It certainly though sounds like several have committed to bikes and time for this class.

HWT (at least SE/Atlantic) is always mixed in with some other class and no track time is lost; this cannot continue?

pawpawrc likes this.
  5. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

Have they gave you any event schedule for the Triple Crown races? The sample they sent out is full. I don't see a lot of free time, especially on Saturday. Also, will we be able to run the Stock 1000 race and the WERA race?

Attached Files:

TLR67 and cajun636 like this.
  6. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

I like the idea of two races within one for the Triple Crown...

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh you gotta put This in General. No one looks in Announcements unless they hit “new posts”

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

HWT costs us more track time due to having to split classes or split it out. The machines all have a number of other classes they can run so it's not limiting anyone from racing.

I'm sorry for the late notice.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing yet and yes on running Stock I believe but it'll be the same practice limitations as last year. I'll get more details out once we have them.

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Is Honda coming back to sponsor the triple crown? Curious to how the championship purse will be split, or if it will be an overall purse 600/1000 combined.

cajun636 likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm curious too. :crackup:

We would do a split purse I believe but that's the bosses call.

FWIW - once I figured out how much of a value this deal is I did advise the fees go up some, hoping to use the extra to help supplement the purse too but it'll depend on what the entry fee ends up being and we'll have to double check our costs from last year just to make sure we're covered on that end. Should be okay though and more bikes (with adding the 600's) means more to put towards a purse too.

Boman Forklift and regularguy like this.
  12. Ruben Soto

Ruben Soto Member

I suggest we run one HWT class and call it OPEN TWINS like other racing organizations. That way we still open up some track time to other racers and races and we keep the twins competitive in their own class.

nlzmo400r and TX Joose like this.
  13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Well, shit.

14. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

What are you bitching about? Do you even race anymore? :)

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Does that mean 675's are allowed in?

16. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Not nearly as much as I would like to :(

17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Since the remaining vintage races are getting rolled into the sprint schedule, are the solos gone?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes.

regularguy likes this.
  19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

So what is a ball park weekend schedule for none National races looking like?
    Double headers?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

Tonyp425 likes this.