1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

So, you don't know what was said, but you know what was meant, because the POTUS's motives are independent of what was said. Got it. At least you got the "why" part correct, because that word carries all the meaning needed to understand the motive.
    (I'm sure that just went right past you. )

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it wasn't said at all my statement holds true.

If it was said, and using the statement as relayed on CNN - then I posted what I think it means. It's pretty clear really.

I get it, you hate Trump. He freaks you out big time. It really is sad that is has you making up meaning for statements that just aren't there. You're usually much more objective about things, until it comes to him :(

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The pertinent question is, why did Dick Durbin announce that Trump used the term "shitholes", whether he did or not?
    When did Democrats morph into Puritans?
    First it's no more whoopee and now no swearing?

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

More agenda driven bullshit from the Democrats would be my final answer. They have tried and failed for a year so far to bring him down. That is why I think that what was told to the press could possibly be a very hard spin, out of context interpretation and paraphrasing for effect of what was actually said in the meeting...

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

IMG_5467.JPG

G 97 and XFBO like this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

7. In Your Corner

The people on the other half of the island, the DR, seem to be doing much better.
    Same island, far different results.
    Why is that?

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Voodoo man. Fucking voodoo.

9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Let's see...Hmmmmm....if your country doesn't have an immigration problem...like debating what to do about all the people that want to come IN TO your country,
    shithole may be, while somewhat insensitive, a boldly honest way to sum it up the country's overall condition.

If he said it, kudos to the Don for his up front honesty. We FINALLY have an honest man in the White House!

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Who got the blame for the Crash of '29 ??

12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Bush.

13. In Your Corner

Here's the capital of Haiti, Port-au-Prince. Who wants to move there?

[​IMG]

14. In Your Corner

15. dsapsis

I love this. You have divined the true meaning, irrespective of what was said, and I took at face value the presumed quote and drew a line between treating countries as proxy for individuals. Many people would view such a substitution as a clear sign of bigotry, something the POTUS has repeatedly shown a temperament for. Like I said; talking past one another.

jase likes this.
  16. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

TDS in full effect

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

“ ... repeatedly shown a temperament for.” - your words. I’m curious ... what examples come to mind when you make this statement?

18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Not to speak for him, but calling the white supremacists "very fine people" (these were the people protesting taking down statues and chanting "Jews won't replace us") and wanting to ban muslims from entering our country both skew bigoted (IMHO).

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

A cacophony of stupidity! Huzzah!

XFBO likes this.
  20. dsapsis

Here's a few that come to mind without doing any research:
    DOJ settlement on housing mid 70's;
    full page ad on the Central Park Five, no remorse/apology after exoneration;
    birtherism (if you somehow forgot how far he jumped the shark here, it's all on you);
    ad hominem attack on the Hispanic judge;
    The continued focus on immigration as a crime problem despite the fact that both legal and illegal immigrants have criminality rates lower than native born citizens.

Look, the list is long and weary. The fact that you ask shows the degree to which we are talking past one another. Its OK. You are in the echo chamber and there will be legions here to bolster your view that Trump is a very fair-minded soul.

People chose what they want to see.

jase and SuddenBraking like this.