1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things you would buy if you won the lottery

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, Jan 8, 2018.

1. I'd sleep more than 4 hours a night.

jonathanp and BigBird like this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

A vasectomy

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I’d become an investor in Sharkyskinz [sic] bodywork, one painter in particular and various OEM/aftermarket motorcycle parts manufacturers by racing on Shinko tires. Hell, I’d probably even become a minor shareholder in some airlift ambulance company.

TurboBlew, Wheel Bearing and Phl218 like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

6. auminer

Seriously? If managed even REMOTELY well, lump sum is the better option.

JJJerry likes this.
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No

Yes. I’m not positive, but I don’t think you can even include your lottery annuity in your will. If you die five years in to a 20 year annuity the rest goes back to the lottery.

And even if that’s not true, I’d much rather take the money and invest as I saw fit then let them control it.

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

20 years old and the first thing he did was post it on Facebook. What do you think the chance of him being even semi competent at money management or have the brains to hire someone who is...

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Well he should have all the pussy he could ever want.

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

He said he's had a week long crash course in finance. WTF, man, have you no faith???

11. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

I’d buy that 98 r1 from Pete. Lol and the rest of the Yamaha’s he has for sale.

12. auminer

I'm thinking about it.... and I don't think I even COULD piss away 170 million bucks. Like Brewster's Millions piss it away. I think it would be damn difficult to do even if you tried. I would think that after a couple-dozen millions burned up on nothing it would get old. Then again, I doubt I would ever own a 6 figure automobile even if I could pay cash for it... I can't see any sense in a home a whole lot larger than the 3/2 I live in now, as long as I could have a 5K sqft garage/shop equipped with everything I would need to do woodwork ranging from a jewelry box to a home... and metalwork ranging from tigging a table together to shipbuilding . :) ... OK, 15K sq ft.

Give 5 million to a law firm with specific instructions to only give you 100,000 annually no matter what. Done.

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Land. Lots and lots of land. Home base would be northwestern Montana with a big barn house with a mega shop and tracts in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, S Dakota and N Dakota. Probably some in Canucistan too.

Newsshooter likes this.
  14. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

^^^yep^^^

Conservatively speaking, he could live very well for the remainder of his life working with his cash payout...

15. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

To bad it’s not the pos 20 year old punk that lives next door to me.

He’s been on my hit list for years! Cars, trucks, motorcycles can’t seem to rid him from breathing. Maybe excessive money could do what the rest couldn’t do.

At least I can wish it...

crashman likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The kid already did a step in the right direction getting a lawyer and learning something about it all before claiming the money. He might survive.

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

A single step does not a journey make ... and shit. :Poke: :D

18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

But you cannot begin the journey without taking the first step. :p

Funkm05 likes this.
  19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

you would think...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Hutton

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd buy an AT4 or maybe an RG7 and punch a bunch of holes in Critter's tank.

Spend $10K to f@ck up his quarter million dollar toy. Wooooooo!