1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Vintage Classes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jan 10, 2018.

1. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

So V1 and V2 are now V3? Or are they in 500GP?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All of them.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, or events like Cycle Jam or Talladega where we do Sportsman on Saturday and Nationals Sunday.

JBall likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

V3 depending on the bike.

5. 90kacoupe

I am assuming 500GP will retain the drum brake rule? My bike is listed in 500GP but I run a front disc due to F250 with AHRMA.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Maybe - that would be a rules suggestion that could/should be emailed to me. Once my brain stops hurting from this I'll start a thread about rule changes.

7. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

I shoulda refreshed before my last reply.
    So it looks like GP500 will be the drum brake class, and the other combined classes will be disc brake. Ok now I have a direction to build.
    Mark

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    VFR#52 likes this.
  8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Assuming that the majority of blokes in 500GP ride "stock" 350 Hondas isn't there quite a disparity in speed there?

Will that also limit the GP class to one race a day?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't know how the disparity will be, the laptimes between the V stuff and Clubman don't show a huge one depending on who you look at - but we also had 250's in Clubman going slow that were okay. As always we'll have to play it by ear.

It could limit them to one a day depending on speed and what they could ride up to. But at this point there's nothing I can do about it, I cannot keep making a separate entire race for 6 riders.

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

Is that a DS7 or a formula bike?

11. mgmark

That is my old faithful DS7 GP350 bike for however long I can find pistons/rings. I can go with either a disc or drum front end at the moment, but I’m hoping maybe Sean will allow the smaller GP350 bikes a disc brake against the bigger GP500 bikes as a way to make up for displacement. A big Triumph twin will eat my 250 for lunch.

Mark

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I entirely understand.

13. 90kacoupe

Where does F3 race now? I have a buddy that races in F3 and I know they raced with Clubman. Those kids in F3 are definitely that fast ones from that race.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Guess I need to read the rules real quick....

15. Killswitch

Killswitch Redneckistanian

What about V6LW in with Formula 2? I'm not sure what F2 is comprised of (mainly SVs?) but I don't recall those grids being that large.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay so neither 350 or 500GP allow discs - any ideas why? I'm not opposed to rule changes if they make sense for the bikes and classes. A lot of the rules that we have made perfect sense at the time too but no longer do with how few people are racing vintage these days.

VFR#52 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The V6 LW machines can ride F2 as a bump up (thinking mainly the FZR400 I guess)

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. Killswitch

Killswitch Redneckistanian

Oh I got ya ... thanks!

19. mgmark

I think it had to do with the age cutoff for the bikes. GP is for earlier bikes than the V classes.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Makes sense. So if we want one for smaller/older then we should probably leave it alone.

videojack likes this.