1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Race...

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by TheScarpino, Jan 10, 2018.

1. TheScarpino

TheScarpino Well-Known Member

Need alittle more info if possible.

just registered for my PN license today and would like to grid up in Feb at Tally.

I dont see (or dont where to look) the actual events listed and on what day.

I'd ike to get some input on what races I should throw my money at....

Of course, just finishing is my objective....but having fun is what its all about.

I'm sitting on a K6 1000
    wont be able to grid up with stock peeps.. so F1 i know. I'm also over the hill... so i wanted to see about the old man races (senior) for my class...

The only thing I have left to accomplish is getting the bike safety wired.... and buying some new tires.

Any help for a new guy trying to have some fun?

Would love to go through the motions with someone during race day. Sure would ease my mind a bit.

also.... when you sign up for a race... do you get "practice" with it...or do you have to pay extra for practice sessions?

2. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Should be able to sign up for A Superbike too.

TheScarpino likes this.
  3. TheScarpino

Is there a link on where to go to pre-sign up?

4. FlynScotsman

FlynScotsman Well-Known Member

5. TheScarpino

cant log in yet as I just registered today. Havent received my info back yet.

6. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

What mods have you made to your K6 1000 that prevents you from running ASS?

ASB, F1 and SSB are the classes your bike qualifies for and any of those classes should provide the fun factor I think you're looking for.

Practice is included with your race registration.

Race schedules can be found HERE but the 2018 Feb Tally Round isn't posted yet so you can refer to the 2017 schedule to get an idea of what to expect. Don't make plans based on the 2017 schedule though because Sean (Mongo) may make some changes.

It's a long drive to Tally for me so I'm not sure if I'll be there but if I am I'll be more than happy to help you navigate the weekend.

Welcome!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  7. ceebus

ceebus Well-Known Member

Check out the new racer handbook thread. It's a sticky at the top of this forum. There's a link in the first post that walks you through a typical race day from start to finish.

I'll be at tally helping another new racer in his first weekend. Let me know if you need anything while you're there.

TheScarpino likes this.
  8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

You can run V8 HW, A Superstock, Sbk, And Senior SBK as well as F-1....

TheScarpino likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid: on the classes you can run.

I'll have a schedule up next week, have some rules to sort out and Auto Club to set up first. Once you have your license stuff handled and an ID number you can get ready by registering on the site and get your bike info input and the like. If you sent the membership today it'll be processed next Wednesday and I can have you ID for you late that day. just email me at [email protected]

10. r1madman

r1madman Well-Known Member

I'll see you in V8 HW and Senior SBK...maybe F1. But probably not till Roebling for my first PN race if you're there. Looking forward to the madness.

TheScarpino likes this.
  11. TheScarpino

Sounds like a plan!

12. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Do you have a racers license or will you be taking the WERA race school that weekend?

The race instructor will tell you what you need to know to race like gridding, warm up lap etc.

Pit where you can clearly hear announcements so you stay on schedule.

13. TheScarpino

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Registration will be at the silo, opens at 7am Saturday and either 7:30 or 8 on Sunday. Tech will be at the school building aka the old tower in the paddock. Announcer will be in the silo but his voice will be everywhere.

TheScarpino likes this.