1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transponder help me..

Discussion in 'General' started by ToofPic, Jan 11, 2018.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Searched this here,and being a dinosaur,never raced with one before.
    Is the x-2 what most guys are using?
    Read some bad reviews earlier,and wanted an update.
    Battery,or hard wired,and where should I mount it on gsxr 1k?
    Thank ye!

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Find an older red one if you can. The only times I've ever had transponder issues was when people used the x2

Mongo can give better info. But imo the x2 sucks ass.

The problem is that the original ones work perfectly this no real need to update. But they make more money with the subscription models.

So here we are.

ToofPic likes this.
  3. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Yep, get the red ones with no subscription. Won't be exactly cheap, but they work and are simple.

ToofPic likes this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

ToofPic likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The X2 does work great - but you have to read the directions and it takes more work than just charging it and putting it on the bike. You have to pay for the subscription of course but you also have to connect it to your computer every week or so while racing so that it knows its subscription is still up to date or something - either way that is the main issue we've had with them. The only other issue was people never connecting them to the computer to activate them in the first place but if I'm at the track I can usually fix that - just make sure for all of it you know your username and PW for the Mylaps stuff.

ToofPic likes this.
  6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Lol it's still on my bike.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Please put it in the charger

8. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

I just put mine on charge this morning.