1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I dislike Oprah Winfrey?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't think celebrity Presidents are a good idea.

VintageWannabe likes this.
  2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I’ll never forget my then-girlfriend browsing through the stack O magazines in the breakroom at university. Never mind that someone saw fit to bring that trash to work. Every_single_cover has Her on it. The contents she said, “offer nothing of value” and that she couldn’t imagine reading the magazine as a forty-year-old mother.

Well, I married her and she still says the magazine is garbage. She’s my fucking Nostradamus.

cav115 likes this.
  3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

]
    Yep, any notion that she is not a top rate business person is hog wash. Building a brand from nothing aint easy. Maintaining it is even harder.

SuddenBraking and R Acree like this.
  4. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Oprah for President. Shit, why not. We have a blow hard in the White House now. Why not another one?

t500racer likes this.
  5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I guess she may be a good choice if people do not think Trump is narcissistic enough...

Steeltoe likes this.
  6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Top rate business person'?? I disagree....kinda....But not for the reason you may be thinking. Did she build herself into a CONGLOMERATE? Absolutely!

What company did she actually build though other than her own brand? How many people does SHE employ/pay annually? Not really talking about the investments that she's invested in after all her success and wealth either, that may have resulted in her owning a business....ie. her current diet co. business and or current tv channel/personality.

Without question, she IS successful in what she's done for HERSELF.....but that's not the same IMHO, as creating a business model, employing thousands of personnel, managing it, dealing with the competition, etc. etc... All characters of what I believe is helping him run this country.......BTW.

If Mrs. Walmart decided to run, I'd give her more cred than some sole TV personality.

7. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

She's a successful business person, she's a celebrity, she build her brand, and her name. Not sure there's a difference. She's just as narcissistic as Trump. She also has no political experience just like Trump didn't.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    R Acree likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I admire the hell out of her. I also cannot stand listening to her or watching anything she's on.

Steeltoe and R Acree like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure how many people she employs directly but it's a ton.

The Walmart kids currently running the business are good but they didn't build it either did they? I think that was the last generation.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The Waltons are at least one generation removed from the founder, if not two. Oprah started her own. With no family money.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know their name, but if I put Walton these fools would think I was talking about an old tv show :crackup:

t500racer and Steeltoe like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was pretty sure you did, but there might be more people out there thinking that there is a Mrs. Walmart. :D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Good point, I should have typed more and explained it better :D

14. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

If that happens it would just be a repeat of the last election where most of the country dislikes both candidates. I know I would stay home again. Why can't these parties get their shit together and find quality people? Obviously most politicians are terrible but there has to be a couple of smart ones that we can at least agree are qualified.

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

If there wasnt a Mrs. Walmart... how'd he get all them kids? :D

XFBO likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Crack ho's... Huge amounts of money in nowhereville Arkansas :D

TurboBlew likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Watching her, Cuban, and Trump would be hugely entertaining, though. :D

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell, I have a feeling unlike Trump, Oprah could look at any country messing around and warn them to stop or she'd buy them and shut them down :crackup:

19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I got "Spencer's Mountain" on DVD for Xmas.

So you just shush with that "fool" stuff...:D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: That's what the Waltons was based on isn't it? Henry Fonda maybe?