Akrapovic full Ti / carbon fiber Evolution II full race system

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by Le Skid, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Le Skid

Le Skid Active Member

For K5-6 gix 1000

The bike it's coming-off only has 2600 kms on it so it's in brand-new, flawless condition.

Someone way smarter than me says this is uber-rare and highly desirable so I'll price it at $2500 USD shipped (Canada / lower 48). I checked and there's no duty to collect for US customs so it'll be a straightforward transaction.

Ask @aapline1 if I'm meticulous about packing & shipping lol. He bought those BSTs and I shipped them to him in the US (hassle / duty-free).

[​IMG]

Look at those welds. It's a work of art.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  2. Le Skid

Le Skid Active Member

BTW, I was told that $2500 USD is the original retail price so I'm assuming that for such a rare and desirable full system, it isn't silly to ask retail, especially since shipping and insurance is going to cost me probably 300-400 out of that price.

If you have a differing opinion, let me know.

Oh, and merry Christmas to everyone!

Cheers - André in Montréal :beer:

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

who was selling them for $2500?? Is that USD?
    This is the stepped header system, correct?
    I bought mine (and still have it ) for $1400 shipped back in early 2006.
    I promise you this... nobody is going to give you $2500 for that system unless you figure out a way
    to include a turbo with it...lol.
    Also Akra will build one for you if you ask...so much for uber rare. :D

4. Le Skid

Le Skid Active Member

Yes. $2500 USD for the EVO II. That's just what I was told (I'm NO expert) by someone who has forgotten more about bikes than I'll ever know.

You paid $1400 for an EVO 2 full Ti / CF system? Even up here in Canada, that's curiously cheap for a run of the mill full Akra. Never mind a true racing system.

Also, I've read in other forums that production runs by Akra are frustratingly limited. You're saying you can just call them and have them whip-up a custom exhaust 10+ years later?

Please, correct me, as I'd hate to come across like an idiot.

Cheers

5. TurboBlew

well actually my system came with a Ti muffler... as I would never own another "carbon" muffler in my life.
    And yes... I was very particular about which exhaust I wanted since the stock header was ti and pretty damned good. (plus I had their systems on other bikes I own)

Have you seen Akrapovics facilities? They are a world class exhaust fabricator.
    I would ask your wholesaler about availability. I was told by a US PU rep last year I could order systems for bikes
    as far back as 1999.

6. Steve750r

Steve750r Well-Known Member

The Evolution line of Akrapovic is alot different than the standard full Akrapovic exhausts which yes usually cost $1200-$1400 new. The EVO are over 2k. The guy above me should do some research on it.

7. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

2.300€ was the original price for the K5-K6 evoII full systems. evolution II not evolution.
    Of course no-one's gonna give have of the today's price of the bike for an exhaust.

8. Juha750

Juha750 Active Member

Only difference is the material.

"Akrapovic Racing and Evolution exhaust systems are the top of the line of the Akrapovic range, designed for riders who demand the most from their exhaust system in terms of both quality and performance. The Racing and Evolution versions for the Suzuki differ only in their materials. The header tubes for both systems (including the Evolution 2) partially formed using HYDROFORMING technology!
    NOTE1: We have also developed an Akrapovic EVOLUTION 2 exhaust system for the Suzuki GSX-R 1000, which is intended only for races and championships which allow louder exhaust systems ‡ 107 dB. The EVOLUTION 2 differs from the EVOLUTION 1 and RACING systems in the design of the muffler. The muffler is shorter and louder (103 dB) than the muffler for the EVOLUTION 1 and RACING systems. The Akrapovic carbon-fiber bracket is mandatory (instead of optional as for the RACING and EVOLUTION 1).

The EVOLUTION 2 is only suitable for certain types of competition!
    NOTE2: Racing, Evolution, and Evolution 2 systems with the HEXAGONAL muffler are also available for the 2005-2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000. Performance is identical to the oval muffler."

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. Cybernaut

Cybernaut Well-Known Member

I bought a K5 1000 2 years ago with with huge huge amount of desirable race parts on it and it had 1100km (6800 miles) in great shape for $3300 Canadian. that is about $2500 USD.
    While the K5 is a great bike time has moved on the New GSXR is a total game changer so the idea that a guy would pay that is is kinda strange since he could put a $200 lithium battery on a K5
    and have a way better return on the $.

"Someone way smarter than me says"

Possibly you may want to target this add to a collector site or contact the source of your info and see if they would like it, no offense, just saying.
    Suspension is the program

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. TurboBlew

Why should I research anything?? I'm 100% positive of what I paid for my exhaust in 2006 and yes it's an EvoII system. Still have it on my 06 along with the original packing in my attic. Or maybe you could stumble around my garage and see all the bikes I have fitted with Akrapovic systems...lol.

11. Notfast

Notfast Well-Known Member

I paid $1400 in 07 for one as well, although I no longer have it. As far as Akrapovic saying they’ll still make them, a little while back I tried to get a set of Ti mids for a TLR EVO system that they said were still available. After a deposit was paid and I waited a year, I gave up and got my money back. Akrapovic US said what they show as “still available” isn’t always actually available when it comes to older systems.

http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/akra gsxr 1k 05 evo 2.htm

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

I give you tree fiddy

13. TurboBlew

Replacement parts have always been an issue. I think thats a distributor thing. :(

14. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Replacement parts are stupid expensive, too. 400€ for a titanium midpipe?

TurboBlew likes this.
  15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

And this is why I support M-4 for the TL Systems..... Make to order with no issues.... In the USA.... Just ordered another Ti System from TJ This AM for bike 2...!

TurboBlew and Cybernaut like this.
  16. Le Skid

Le Skid Active Member

Actually, he's one of gixxer.com's staff, an expert on turbo bikes.... the k5-6 in particular so yeah, I definitely take what he tells me as gospel. Given that this bike had a lithium battery and BSTs when I bought it (among a loooong list of upgrades, it's clear that expense wasn't to be spared looking for weight savings. You make it sound like people are throwing their money away on these?

PS: for the K5-6, the only product Akra will sell anymore is a plain slip-on, unless someone's also going to doubt what I was told by Akrapovic themselves.

However, perhaps a price revision is appropriate.... I'm not 100% sure I want to sell so I'll drop it and see what happens for a while.

Ummm... I can't edit the original post anymore. So how does one do price drops out here?

Happy new year everyone!

'

17. mmm hmm

mmm hmm New Member

Whats your current price?