1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 autoblip - Translogic vs Woolich

Discussion in 'Tech' started by -Eric-, Dec 19, 2017.

1. -Eric-

-Eric- Well-Known Member

Looking to see if anyone has any experience with both systems and can offer any comparisons. My bike is a 2014, so I think these are my only 2 options. Here's what I've deducted from my internet research :

Translogic - $700ish, plug and go, make some small adjustments.

Woolich - $900ish, a lot more than just a qs and autoblipper, can I set it up or does it need all the values input for qs and blip? Better off having a tuner set it up? (more $$)

2. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Translogic and YEC ecu all the way

ekraft84, -Eric-, MELK-MAN and 2 others like this.
  3. MurfSVR

MurfSVR Well-Known Member

How about Techtronics CABS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

I'm going this direction. His post should carry a little extra weight.

jpratt847, MELK-MAN and StaccatoFan like this.
  5. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

I used these for the last 4 years or so and they’re good. Now have the FTecu setup on the new 17 R6 and it’s much better, in many ways.

Haven’t used the tranlogic or Woolich ones, but I’d trust chuck if I were making a decision on one of those 2 options.

6. slow honda

slow honda Well-Known Member

If chuck says translogic, then I wouldn’t bother asking about any others

7. -Eric-

-Eric- Well-Known Member

I was already leaning towards the Translogic, so this helps. I only have a stock ecu that's flashed for the tune, so I don't have some of the control that the yec or Woolich has. But I'm not sure if I'd get too deep into that stuff if I had it

8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

the translogic auto blip is pretty cool. Still need to fine tune the high rpm range blip (makes the duration of blip a bit longer).
    If there's a drawback to it, it's that the quickshifter kill time can't be set per gear. you can set longer/shorter, but It's one kill time for all gears. I've only got one weekend on the system, and that doesn't really seem to be an issue. It may be worth getting the $50 dial that allows easy adjusting of the qs.

The method of adjusting the translogic systems doesn't require any laptop, or internet connection. You adjust using the light colors on the boxes (green orange red), and pulling/pushing on the shift lever, but it takes awhile to do, and is a little annoying at first to learn.. but i can see it being easier with practice. I strongly suggest learning it in the quite and comfort of home, not 5 minutes before your track session :)

It's really cool having the auto blip, even going down to first gear. It's not "magic", you will need some practice on how it actuates, and how it affects your bike corner entry, but even after a few laps, you will get used to not manually blipping (chicken winging it). Many riders are putting it on, and not adjusting a thing. It's really close to ideal out of the box.

emry likes this.
  9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I want that for my 03, and a slipper... and...

Gcooper9 and MELK-MAN like this.
  10. blake holt

blake holt Well-Known Member

We have installed over 10 translogic systems(sold 20+) and also the shop i work with, Turn One Racing, is also Woolich vendor as well. We believe the translogic is best option. You own the hardware as opposed to a flash, so removal for sale down the road or part out is possible. The kill times, adjust ability, and single sensor activation make it ideal. The auto warm up feature is cool too. It should be noted we have paired the translogic most times with the Woolrich flash in order to tune the engine braking. Doing this has allowed us to install without having to adjust the autoblip on the translogic. Literally install and ride. We haven't had to touch it for any customer yet(2 years worth of installs). Maybe this is why Melka is having to adjust where we are not? Also, Melka explained that it is not adjustable per gear, BUT is by rpm. This gives you some extra options like tuning for short shifts, ect. I have not tried the dial for adjusting kill times, as i haven't seen the need like Greg. We have installed these on adv level track day riders to CCS and WERA expert race winning bikes with great results. I think its 100% worth the money. In fact, have no desire to ride without now that i have it on all the shop bikes(3).

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. MELK-MAN

Blake, still learning the features.. so the kill time (i think 66ms is default) is adjustable in an rpm range band. Good to know. Still would like longer kill times in 1st to 2nd gear, and lower kill time in higher gears.. If i manage to over rev 1st gear on a start, the shift to 2nd is sometimes tough without enough kill time. 50ms in high gears is all that is needed in most cases.

I agree, being able to adjust your own engine braking per gear, and per rpm, is a key feature for any advanced rider, be it through woolich, yec, ftecu race package, etc.

12. blake holt

Also, should be noted that the Translogic customer service is Excellent! Their U.S. contact is in Florida, really knowledgeable and nice guy.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. blake holt

Melka, did you wire your auto blip to brake switch, or did you supply constant power(keyed) so it blips always over 3k rpms?

14. MELK-MAN

we skipped the brake lever thing.. always blips over 3k. I wanted it that way.

15. blake holt

Good man

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. MELK-MAN

do you have a direct # for them? we are having an issue with one of my bikes. quickshift (upshifts) won't kill, and had to upshift "old school" at Homestead where i tried em out for first time.

When you actuate the pedal sensor, the light on BOTH boxes were lighting up. one more than the other. This doesn't occur on the other bike, that is working. We aren't sure if the quick shift box is faulty, or the sensor itself at this point, but Dave W at Full spectrum is looking into it. Could be install problem, but need an avenue to go down if it's all hooked up correctly.

17. blake holt

Best way is shoot them email with your # and describe the issue in most depth possible. I would suggest making sure the auto warm works correctly before you send email, as this would help establish that the blip box is functioning correctly. They usually reply with 20 min, and go from there. Their website has all the contact info.

I would be surprised if its a hardware issue. Translogic is widely known for practically zero qaulity issues. They are extremely popular over seas and are just now starting to break into US market.

Once you get it sorted though i would love to know what is happening. In case i experience it in future.

18. MELK-MAN

will do. And yes, the blip function and warm up feature was working good on both bikes.. thanks

blake holt likes this.
  19. sherland

sherland Well-Known Member

following this post for sure. I was wondering the whether to use translogic or CABS and wire it to my QS for my 2011 r1 but definitely seeing that the translogic the better option. doesn't look like my year bike I don't have many options for autoblip.

20. blake holt

Translogic is better option, plus offers more features for the $. They are two different approaches to same solution. The Translogic in my opinion is the simplest and most reliable solution. Having the quickshifter solenoid trigger up shifts and blips on down shifts is a very direct, easy path to get the job done. Plus the auto warm up feature is just plain cool tech thats included in the price.

sherland and MELK-MAN like this.