1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why NoVa is the worst place in the world.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The traffic is insane but I'll accept that south of LA and maybe Atlanta are as bad.
    The people are horrible but we all know and hate people from Joisey and NYC more.
    There's the cost of living but Maryland gets you almost $10 for a pack of smokes.
    There's the weirdness factor but there's Florida and well, because Florida.

No, the reason it is the worst are the naked guy attacks! https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...r-Dulles-International-Airport-463740643.html

That's like 8 miles from my house. :crackup:

Lawn Dart and joec like this.
  2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Even the rats down there are assholes. I went to wash my hands after delivering a decent mud monkey at a nicer hotel near downtown and saw a rat behind the trash can. That fucker looked at me like “go fuck yourself, this is my place!”

3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i was gonna say mostly the cops and the drivers, but that's your bad you didn't just come join us right across the river.

4. joec

joec brace yourself

Morning, Dave.

5. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

Son of a bitch cut the dog...run around the highway nude and shit but as soon as you cut someone's dog I ain't stopping for ya.

rocalotopus and Shenanigans like this.
  6. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

I was just there this summer visiting my brother and stayed at the Hilton by Dulles it was cheaper than any other hotel around for some reason. Sure was nice though!

7. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

My sister and her husband lived in Alexandria for 15 years and finally had enough. They moved to Charlottesville and were much happier.

8. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Leesburg sure was nice back in the 80s. I don't think I'd want to live there now though.

9. joec

joec brace yourself

That is amazing.. when you make the decision that whatever activity it is your done is more effectively done without pants, well, you have issues then.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure why people keep bitching about ATL traffic, yeah it is a sucky rush hour but people here also drive a lot further than most which is what bumps commute times up more than slow traffic. You can still get from our house to the airport in 90 minutes in full AM rush and it's a 45 min drive on it's best day (50 mile drive). LA is so much worse to go less distance it's not remotely funny. DC is the same as most cities from what I've dealt with.

Jon Wilkens and Paige like this.
  11. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Wow. That’s considerably better than Chicago. My house to Ohare with no traffic is 45 minutes, full on rush hour it’s 2 hours at least.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Our only issue where we are in Canton is there are only 3 roads coming up here from the South - one interstate and two 2-lane windy roads, so one wreck on the interstate and you're screwed until you get 10-15 miles south of here. Other options are to run 15 miles west or east then south again (lake in the way to the west). Overall though even as thick as it is on the perimeter and through town traffic is always moving barring any wrecks. It's not moving the 75-80 we prefer during non rush but it's still moving :D

Only time it's taken me more than 90 minutes is rush hour and a crash mixed in with construction (which is ridiculous since we don't lose any lanes and it doesn't really slow you down).

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, the $40 toll on 66 for 9 miles of driving, I forgot that.

But naked guys riding trucks beats that.

Wheel Bearing and Mot Okstef like this.
  14. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Dave, always thought you were near old town Arlington for some reason. Moved from Woodbridge to Winchester recently, so local traffic is less, crazies are less, cops are more relaxed (in VA, WVa cops are nuts and they have $150+ minimum tickets for any moving violation [paid 171 for a ticket of 4MPH over, not a school/working/etc zone]) but Im still commuting to DC two days a week, born and raised in NOVA, but happy to be out.

15. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

You could only use those lanes previously during rush hour if you were HOV, they are still free for motorcycles and if you are HOV, and when its not rush hour if you are alone.

16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Well... shit.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nah, Clifton area for me. Used to work in Arlington but 3 more months of that drive (and it was better then) I'd have been attacking cars and riding trucks while naked.

We flirted with Winchester for a bit this last summer but it just didn't jive. Still NoVa, just a bit cheaper.

How in the shit did you survive Woodbridge? :D

18. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

If you decide to live 20 miles or more away from your workplace, then that's your fault. Gripes my nerves when people complain about their commute and then you find out they live 1 hour away with no traffic.

MachineR1, Shenanigans and Phl218 like this.
  19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I thought NoVa sucked because Santa's elf Crabbyballs lives there.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

it's the weather.

people in the south get sunshine all year.

well, too much ain't good either. see FL threads...