1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Endurance Series?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by RRP, Oct 10, 2017.

1. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

So if I am reading the N2 tea leaves/calendar correctly

6/16 PIRC
    8/4 VIR
    9/15 njmp
    Rumor has it round 4 will be during gnf at Barber

mpusch and Wheel Bearing like this.
  2. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I see what you did there...nice! That's one way of figuring it out. :D

3. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing. A random pirc TD on a Friday, that's odd :p

4. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Did we not see the Wera round at NJMP listed as Oct. 6-7. ?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I almost feel bad knowing the dates for sure.

Almost.

:D

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

You're a bad person...

:D

7. dspaw

dspaw Active Member

Sean:

I see the schedule is out - three rounds scheduled (PIRC; VIR; NJMP). Do you expect that to be final, or is there maybe going to be other rounds?

Dave

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hoping for other rounds but not sure if it'll happen.

9. Wheel Bearing

I wouldn't bank on more rounds - but you can still show your support for WERA/N2 and show up for the rounds already set...

JBall likes this.
  10. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

Summit Point would be a great addition to those three.

dspaw and exracer941 like this.
  11. Wheel Bearing

Having more teams show up to the events already set would be a great addition.

12. Dave675

It seems the CCS circuit is Summit Point, VIR, and NJMP. WERA is now at 2 of the 3 tracks. If you get the third one, it might help to get some of the CCS guys over. Plus, I fucking hate CCS and would rather race with WERA at Summit.

regularguy likes this.
  13. Wheel Bearing

I don't disagree with you. But I have no dog in this fight other than I want to see the endurance series make a come back too, and while I don't know every member of every team, it's still growing at this point and I recognize most people from going to 5 of the 5 rounds WERA has hosted since last year. And it seems the people that are continually asking for more rounds haven't done any this year or the one from last year. So I find the irony quite hilarious.

Unless you (or anyone reading this) is willing to sponsor/co host a round, it seems to me the best way to get the series to grow is through participation.

14. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

I have a race ready Ninja 250 and a race ready SV that I could part with if someone is looking for a dedicated bike. I'll be posting them up in the classifieds in a couple weeks.

15. Dave675

Ineedanap and I did all 3 rounds, this year, on an sv (Team Meat). I helped pit crew for Ineedanap and TWF2, the year previous, at PIRC. As for the Gratten round, sorry but you can't post something a couple weeks beforehand and expect anyone to show up. Also, Ineedanap and I are planning on doing all the rounds next year. I wouldn't say a word if I wasn't doing the series.

I am with you on growing the series and I think Summit could tie a lot of it together.

16. Dave675

Are you not doing it next year?

17. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I race CCS and have wondered about doing a few Wera rounds. What are your reasons for not liking CCS?

18. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

He’s a dickhead. No really, it says it on his bike.

ineedanap, exracer941 and Bruce like this.
  19. Dave675

What I don't like....

Tech inspection: I hate the fact that you have to cart all your gear up to tech. I had to buy a cart just so I had something to take all my shit up to tech with. During the tech inspection, the only thing they give a shit about is number plates. I had to tape over my professionally done number plates because the numbers were only 5.5" instead of 6" and put 6" numbers on. I found out the reason for that was their shit transponders.

Transponders: They use those shit Westhold transponders. I don't think I have ever gridded up where they were not swapping transponders because someones wasn't picking up. Also, because they use a different transponder than the AMB, I had to purchase another transponder.

Registration: What a joke that is. I waited in line for over an hour the last time I raced with them. If you want to pre-register, you have to fax it in or mail it 6 weeks out or some BS like that. It's 2017 and they have no way to do any registration online. The most I have ever waited to register for a WERA round is 20 minutes.

Classes: I have ridden with CCS for the past 3 years and I still don't know what classes I ride in. I have to save my paper work from the year previous so I know I'm registering in the correct class. While I haven't seen it up north, the fact that they let these big air cooled ducats, bimota, and pierabons into the light weight classes is a joke.

What I do like...

The competition: They seem to have pretty health grids with good competition.

Pricing: Per race, they are cheaper than WERA.

Announcers: Whoever announces the races (at Summit) is awesome. He really gets into it and makes it more enjoyable to watch other races while you are waiting for yours.

All in all, I would prefer to race with WERA than I would with CCS

noles19 likes this.
  20. Dave675

:)