1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Gord Downie

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Oct 18, 2017.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Say them several times at First Avenue. Great shows!

2. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Nobody here will know who he was, being Canadian and all.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

53 is way too young to go. This sucks.

4. I do, long fought battle. Many of good times at Hip concerts and I still listen to them at least once a week.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Tragically Hip...eh? RIP rocker.

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I saw them a few times when I was in college. It was always a good show.
    RIP

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This sucks. My brother picked up "Road Apples" at a makeshift PX during his deployment in Desert Storm and we pretty much wore the tape out on the camping trip we took out West when he returned. We were hooked ever since.

RIP.

8. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Oh man... RIP.

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Discovered the Hip early in their career because I listen to Canadian radio. Back when they were just a little band from Kingston. Played the shit out of their early stuff. RIP Gord.

10. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

RIP Gord - hell of a poet. I remember a lot of local radio stations playing Courage after Greg Moore died. Song still kind of haunts me.

11. CRA_Fizzer

Going to see Long Time Running December 2nd

Can't wait.

12. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

I've seen it twice now and I have it saved on the PVR at home. It was shown on the Canadian TV networks commercial free during the national week of mourning.

RIP Gord.

13. CRA_Fizzer

Went and saw it Saturday. Very well done.
    Both directors were at the showing. Kinda weird that Jennifer didn't get the significance of 1st Avenue and Minneapolis...
    Gord was always wearing his 1st avenue hat, so cool.

14. I have to get out and see that in a theatre, hoping to sometime when back home. Was actually listening to some hip this morning.

15. CRA_Fizzer

Holy Hanna that Kingston show! 11 million watching. Damn

16. Ya that's crazy, living in southern US it's hard to compare as that's a Canada wide band that's pretty well a cult following no matter who you are.

17. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I didn’t really understand how big they were until I moved to Canada and was living next to the ACC and they would sell it out three nights in a row and then people were still going to the square and watching it broadcast outside. It was nuts. This was before he was diagnosed BtW. When that Kingston show took place the city pretty much shut down!