1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An I.T. question

Discussion in 'General' started by David-imoddavid, Dec 1, 2017.

1. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

If a person with an " @bellsouth.net" email addy marks an email from me (@yahoo.com) as spam/junk, do all subsequent email automatically go to the spam folder?

Yes, I am technologically challenged.

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Yes, they have added your particular email address (ex: [email protected]) to the list that filters email, and any future emails from you will be directed to their spam folder.

The recipient's address (@bellsouth.net) doesn't matter, since they are controlling their own inbox. It could just as easily be @company.com, and them flagging your email as spam would work the same way.

David-imoddavid likes this.
  3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Not only that, they've somewhat flagged you for review. Therefore, all potential emails to yahoo addresses could be flagged and sent to spam.

4. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Just like your and you're, it's IT. :p

If someone marks your e-mail as spam, it ALWAYS goes to their spam folder until they change the setting. Are you new to modern technology? :Poke:

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Depends on the filtering mechanism and where that filtering mechanism takes place along with a fairly large number reasons for filtering. Are we talking client side filtering or server side filtering.

BigBird likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

7. David-imoddavid

Pushing 67 years so yes. Have learned not to be afraid to ask advice when I don't understand something - finally

8. David-imoddavid

I skerd o clowns.

9. David-imoddavid

Thanks for the help guys - I appreciate it.