1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Endurance Series?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by RRP, Oct 10, 2017.

1. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

More rounds please.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

It would be great if we could get NJMP moved so we're not competing with the other guys at Summit. I know you guys at N2 are working hard. I appreciate the effort.

Wheel Bearing and DucatiBomber like this.
  3. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Making that happen that happen is priority number 1.
    We dont want the conflict either.

Ride safe,
    AAron

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Already mostly handled.

regularguy likes this.
  5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Screenshot_2017-11-13-21-46-48.png
    October endurance. I like it!

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Is this theory/wishlist or is this for real and I just can't see it in the pic?

7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

it was posted on FB. came off the NJMP website

8. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

A group of us that race vintage have been talking about getting a 250/300 to endurance race this year. When ever a schedule becomes available, we will probably start nailing down our plans. We are looking forward to giving this a try. Any tips for a new team wanting to get started would be greatly appreciated!

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

If the ULW races remain the same, you'll want an R3 or N300. Not much else to know... show up and have fun.

exracer941 likes this.
  10. 90kacoupe

We have considered an SV650 since it can also be raced with AHRMA (we are mainly vintage racers). But from what it looks like the SV's are combined into the same class at heavy weight? Maybe I am miss understanding this?

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The ULW's run a separate 2 hour race, the other 3 classes run on track at the same time for the 4 hour but are scored separately. Get the SV, you'll have a lot of people to race with across the 3 classes, not to mention a ton of sprint racing opportunities.

12. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

Why not do both? :). That's my plan. SV and then an R3......

r6boater and DucatiBomber like this.
  13. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

HWT - 1000cc bikes
    MWT - 600 class
    LWT - SV650's

All 3 of these classes race in the same 4 hour race at the same time, but are scored within their own class. So yes, if you're a slower SV650 rider, you'll have at least a handful of 600's and 1000's come by you during your stint on your bike. There is usually an award for the 1st,2nd, and 3rd overall winner, but more often than not that's split up between the 600s and 1000s simply because of lap times, and they can usually put in more laps in those 4 hours than a LWT team.

Ultra LWT - the 300's race about 30 min after the 4 hr race goes. This one is 2 hours long.

14. tdelegram

As a die hard ktm fan not, it pains me to say it, R3 is your best choice, it’s not as fast as the ktm but can run the whole race on one tank where the 390 is only good for 40 minutes on the stock tank.

15. 90kacoupe

That is what I thought, but N2's website didn't explain that very well.

Thank you everybody for the info. Hopefully I can get something worked out with my buddies. I feel like my riding would greatly benefit from endurance racing. I also really want to get on the track with a modern machine. I'm sure they are a lot easier to ride than a 1970s 2 stroke.

16. hazbin69

hazbin69 forgot'n crewman

20th anniversary comeback tour!!!wooooohoooo SBR

17. dspaw

dspaw Active Member

Hey AAron and Mongo:

Why not a separate class for the 250 Ninjas within the ULWT class?

18. tdelegram

If you are taking requests now about some contingency? Last year ktm wasn’t paying for the endurance races, only sprints.

19. dspaw

dspaw Active Member

Contingency is a completely different thing, and relies upon the manufacturer. I am asking the organizer to include a class. The 250 ninjas are popular but are not competitive with the 300/329/390's. The way it is now, its like putting the SV's in the same class as the 600's.

20. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea. Of course, I just bought a R3..... LoL. But still have the 250.