1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017/2018 hunting thread

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Nov 12, 2017.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Its that time boys and girls. Just got home from 2 days in Michigan, grouse hunting. Saw plenty of birds, but only got close to a few, as they were coming up a bit wild. I only have 1, that flew off, and left me.

Good times tho!!!

The last pic is of my nephews, Ryan and Matthew, and myself.

4445.jpeg 4447.jpeg 4439.jpeg 4453.jpeg

Cannoli, OldGuyOnBlu, ToofPic and 2 others like this.
  2. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Very nice,effer's are hard to kill!

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I've only been out once. Lousy duck hunting. Decided to go try for some pheasants. We got our 2 in about an hour. I figure we just got lucky.

Been spending a lot of time at the range trying to dial in my muzzle loader. Finally happy with it. 1 1/16" group @100 yards, 4" group @200m. I take Squirrel for her State Park hunt next weekend. She can shoot 2 does and keep her muzzle loader license open, or shoot a doe and then a buck and she'll be done for the year.

5. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Nice! Where were you hunting in MI? I spent every weekend in October by Watersmeet (WI side) and was only getting 3-4 flushes a day. Lots of talk from the locals that they weren’t seeing crap either.

6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Same day last year, hoping to get lucky here again shortly.

[​IMG]

SteveThompson likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Heading to Onida SoDak on Thursday for some pheasants. Population is suppose to be a little down this year do to dryer and warmer conditions. Lic fee went up to $130. WTH. Oh well.

8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

This was a days take in Iowa last weekend. Not bad for wild birds and some unusual weather. Picture is my cousin not me.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

One week from today I'll be sitting in these yonder hills of WV with my backwoods relatives, attempting to not shoot each other!

[​IMG]

ToofPic likes this.
  10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Brittany Spaniel?

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Thats a hell of a goal! lol.

rd400racer likes this.
  12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

13. eggfooyoung

Did you guys get up with any Huns?

14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Yep. Our new pup. The old female Brittany we had would never take so we lost our bloodline. The pup is 19 months and should go into her second heat in the spring. We hope to breed her. She showed great promise this year with very good tracking and found quite a few “lost” birds for us. She is a good hunter.

OldGuyOnBlu, G 97 and rd49 like this.
  15. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Try that in engrish? [emoji24]

16. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

[​IMG]

I got this guy about a month ago in Central Florida. He's 10.5 feet long and about 400 lbs. The meat is surprisingly mild.

I'm very close to having our family eating only wild protein that I've gotten myself. I think that's exciting. Nothing more organic than that!

Are we putting fish pictures in here too? I just got back from Alaska couple of weeks ago.

JBraun, ToofPic, G 97 and 1 other person like this.
  17. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

That is badass. I would like to chase down a gator one of these days, probably after i kabar a pig though.

18. SteveThompson

I've done that too. It was so fun. I'll look for a picture.

19. eggfooyoung

Lol. Hungarian Partridge.

20. SteveThompson