1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowblower. I need one. What's up?

Discussion in 'General' started by triplestrong, Nov 8, 2017.

1. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Looking for a middle-of-the-road snowchucker. Anyone have thoughts on this thing...https://www.snowblowersdirect.com/Simplicity-1696832-Snow-Thrower/p77896.html

The driveway is big enough to hold a mini national on, but it's smooth with a extra 20'x25' stone area in front of the other shop garage door. Not looking to shit out $2800+ on a bitch I'll only (hopefully) use a few times per season, but I don't want to skimp either. Any input is welcome (Backcountryme?).

2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

You need a blade on an atv for yours.

969 likes this.
  3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Move somewhere fit for human life?

track wagon and dtalbott like this.
  4. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This is the absolute minimum you should be considering.

5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I have a simplicity, similar to that one, just a bit smaller (26"). Rattles a bit on the control handles, no big issues with it. Use it at least once a week in WI.. Snowblowers are way better than plows on a paved area, dunno if you're going to like using it or even recommend using it on anything with stones (they shoot the fuck out).

K51000 likes this.
  6. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I have a B3030. [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

7. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

8. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Most any snow thrower or snow blower sucks on gravel. Some blowers can be adjusted to work on very smooth, hard packed crushed stone. But then they suck on a hard surface, unless you readjust the feet..
    Ongoing source of frustration for me. A blade with glide feet/ shoes seems like the best solution for rock.

9. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Track drive Honda’s have 3 positions for pressure on the wear bar. The most pressure will scrap pavement clean and going back a step works well on gravel. Adjustment is simple as stepping on the pressure bar.

triplestrong and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  10. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I welded small leaf springs on my shoes. Keeps the blower from digging in. Stock ones are way too narrow for gravel.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I don't need that but I want it.

12. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

This.

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I have an Ariens that I bought new in 2010 that I've been pretty happy with. Paid $1500 during the first snowfall of the season and was the biggest one HD had.
    Snowplows suck, especially on a 4 Wheeler.

14. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Why?

15. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Because most people with a snowplow on an ATV either don't have enough ATV or want to do a job that needs a 4X4 truck with a plow.

triplestrong likes this.
  16. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've never run a snowblower but I'm not a fan because I haven't seen anybody running one that wasn't getting covered with snow while doing it.

18. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

BigBird likes this.
  19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

If you already own a PU truck, why not put a plow on it? Sit inside with the heat on, tunes playing and a beer in the cup holder.....

dtalbott and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  20. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Always thought the Honda track drive might work for me, but the high price has kept me from buying one..