1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WoooooHooooo. Suzuki unveils new 2018 GSXR 600/750 BNG.

Discussion in 'General' started by G 97, Nov 1, 2017.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

2. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

White wheels! Sweet!

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8 years and counting

ToofPic likes this.
  4. Wow...BNG’s again. Imagine that. Suzuki hasn’t done shit with the 600/750 since 2006.

This is getting ridiculous. I was hoping the title was sarcasm, and they had actually finally given us a new bike.

I was anxiously waiting and hoping they would give us an all-new 750 based on the new 1000. Had they done that, I would have gotten one.

ToofPic likes this.
  5. Chip

Chip Registered

$11,500 for a 600 that retailed for $8900 when it was a new model.....I bet they sell a bunch...lol

6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

That is some damn expensive paint and decals.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why do they need to even update the graphics on 750? They are the only company producing for this market. Want an inline 4 750cc hypersport motorcycle? You got one choice and it's damn great.

600? Why dump tens of millions in R&D and development costs in a dying segment when your existing product is already good enough for 90% of the people looking at this segment.

ToofPic, R Acree and The Great One like this.
  8. Chip

Chip Registered

Why is it a dying segment? Too much money for product that us not any better than used product at half the cost.

cav115, cajun636 and Gorilla George like this.
  9. I don’t necessarily disagree with that from a business standpoint. It is just aggravating as fuck from a (potential) customer standpoint.

But with that being said, the whole point is to sell new bikes. If you want to sell new bikes, then you need to make new bikes. It is hard to justify buying a 2018 GSXR when you can just find a 2006 and put 2018 bodywork on it and essentially have the same shit.

Or if you didn’t want to bother with that, then just find a 2011 (or whatever year they went to the current bodywork) that is in good shape and buy it.

Everyone wants the “new thing”, but they keep giving us the “same thing” year after year. They aren’t giving people any reason to get excited and rush out and buy their bike.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap and throw in insurance rates for young riders, that euro emissions standards, younger people not getting into riding (or even driving) and a gazillion other factors.

11. Exactly.

1000’s have went up in cost. BUT, look at the progression. Compared to Liter bikes from 10 years ago, the current ones are lighter, have advanced IMU based electronics, Quickshifters, race-worthy braking components, multiple power modes, better suspension, and 30-40hp more.

600’s keep going up in cost, but aside from Kawasaki (and Triumph before they stopped), they aren’t giving us anything different than what they gave us in 2006.

12. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I bet that ALL NEW Burgman 650 Executive is nice though. :p

cav115 and badmoon692008 like this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Harley was able to do just this for decades. LOL.

cav115 and badmoon692008 like this.
  14. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

B.O.S.S.

Blacked Out Suzuki Styling

15. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

They gave you new paint schemes though, not just stickers.

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Nothing new with the cruisers either, exactly the same stuff we were selling when I had Suzuki. Alot of it's the same since 05 when they added EFI to a bunch of models.

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Centuries:crackup:

Pixelator and G 97 like this.
  18. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Looks like Harley Davidson ain’t the only one dying.:D

19. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

The BNG Gsxr600 will be a beast with aluminum wheels, brembo brakes, and advanced electronics that automatically display what gear you're in.

badmoon692008 likes this.