1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHRMA Next Gen 2

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by yamatr3, Oct 21, 2017.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Henry and I need a WERA grid to be on in order to come back.........WERAs gotta do the comin' back,just sayin'

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well please help me and other vintage guys tell or show management what and how to make that happen.
    As far as ARHMA id love to race a few events.
    But the effort to make 86 VFR 750 out run ZX7s is just not going to happen.
    V6 is perfect class as it races bike of it generation and index for bike.
    ARHMA would be better off served by using Wera as a guideline for performance indexing for olders bikes.
    1st gen would be 90 down bikes.
    2nd gen 91 up and that would grow both classes.
    Older real 750 bikes are very hard to 1 find
    , 2. Make fast against newer 90 up bikes.
    Huge technology gap between bikes.
    And 2nd gen would be a full grid if you let F3 or 600s like V7 bikes in it.
    Barber would be a hell of a race.
    Tally too.
    And guys already have bikes.
    But to entice guys to build these bikes and put them on track you need to equalise the performance gap between them.
    A 86 VFR, RC 30 are basically hand built cause there are absolutely no parts made for these bikes that can be had for a decent price.
    And thats IF you can get them at all.
    While ZX7 stuff is everywhere and reasonable priced.
    No clue on Yamaha stuff.
    Suzuki stuff is cheap as well.
    But i do appreciate what everyone is trying do.
    Keep up the good work to get more vintage aka older bikes in track and racing.

Steven Isenhower #52

3. britx303

I just picked up a '99 R6......I wanna run in V8 and need wera to have a MA region again. Aint nobody got time fo' no ahrma.........:D

VFR#52 likes this.
  4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

NOW I understand your reply to my comment, it's all about the region. Yes.

VFR#52 likes this.
  5. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Whats needed is for racers to give ideals to management of these series to help grow the grids.
    Racers are what make a series.
    Im not talking about making a rules to benifit certain racers.
    But ideals to help convince racers to get a bike and race vintage classes.
    How can we get more racers to come join?
    Without racers imput we have only a few who implement new ideals.
    And i know some guys have great ideals that would work to motivate more guys to join the vintage crowd.

Steven Isenhower #52

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Paragraph's would be a good start.....:D

stickboy274 likes this.
  7. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Bummer that 996RS are allowed but 998 aren't because of their cylinder head design. 996RS would run rings around a 998 and look nearly identical on track. Stop all the testastretta hate.

Corsa likes this.
  8. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Again i can start sending my stuff so you can put it like you want.
    Noticed you have no positive imput bro.
    Again did you die reading it?
    Nope. Lol
    Steven Isenhower #52

9. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Hey Steve! It looks like more people on here like talking about doing stuff than actually doing !!! So all they can do is bitch complain!!!! If you ask me whole lot of pussys being brought into this world!!! Sorry if i dont have proper grammer or spelling!!! But quite frankly I don’t give a dam what anyone here thinks!!! And i know this was not aimed at me!!! But I know alot of you on here give Steve shit!!!! But i know first hand he is way more of a racer than 92% of y’all here!!!!

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. John Branch

John Branch 90125

But as i sit here writing this! Im back in July 1990 oakhill raceway doing rider school with Steve! Steve was beating me at first! And Steve do you remember how you used to put me down and tell me you faster than me and i will never beat YOU!!!! Then what happened!!!! Remember buddy!!! ??? So i just need to thank you for giving me the tools i needed to go forward from those days!!!

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Hey I raced V8 the last 2 seasons and brought 2 others to it since.... So with that said....

Lighten
    up
    Francis....
    I
    put
    a
    smiley
    there
    for
    a
    reason!

VFR#52 and V5 Racer like this.
  12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

What?

t500racer likes this.
  13. britx303

Huh? Who in this thread doesn't race? This is a race forum for crying out loud:D

14. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Great to hear AHRMA is adding a class for obsolete Superbikes. I hope this will help increase the WERA V7HW grids.

600's are not legal at all. AHRMA's initial intent with Next Gen 1 was to create a class replicating AMA Superbike from '85-'92. Superbike, not Supersport. As others mentioned, if the class is somewhat successful I bet there will be an opening for Supersport bikes as well.

With Next Gen 2, the Ducati is now def the underdog.

15. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Lol. Ive mellowed in my old age.
    We had fun beating on each other.
    Broke but living our dreams and racing.
    I remember when you got faster and i thought oh shit i need get faster.
    Lol.
    Now its about having fun and trying to get more bikes and guys to race and have fun.
    You need to get that little bike going so we can road trip again.
    As far as 600s not being legal and supersport class.
    Guess you kinda dont know none of the bikes in V7MW are superstock.
    They all Superbike and can definitely hang with the bikes that are out there in class now at Tally and Barber.
    Im all for getting more bikes out racing.
    Just throwing my thoughts out to see if i have an option to race my old turd.
    Thanks for reply and Everyone be safe.

Steven Isenhower #52

16. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

The original Next Gen class was designed to display the golden era of the 750 superbikes. At this time the 86-92 bikes represented the biggest technology differences amongst the manufacturers. Honda was running the V four, Suzuki was inline air and oil, Kawasaki produced 4 completely different motorcycles in 6 years; all water cooled inline fours. Yamaha had the 5 valve genesis motor and Ducati had the booming V twin. Because the Ducati had an Achilles heal, ie, the crankcases when they built the motor, the plan was to allow the ST4 street engine into the class because you cant find 851/888 crankcases. So when the rule was written it stated Ducati up to 1000 cc's. So the folks familiar with Ducati's built some great engines using the 996 with 52 mm shower head throttle body fuel injection. Bikes were legal, reliable and fast but the discussion was that none of the components existed prior to 1998. There are 7 Ducati's built with basically the same engine, good bikes and good riders that race in the AHRMA southeast region and some travel coast to coast. What AHRMA saw was people who built Gen 1 bikes would show up to a few races, get blown away by the Ducati's and throw in the towel. Of course some of us are stubborn and just like to ride so we just continued to show up. LOL So now there are two classes so people have no excuse not to dust off that old piece of crap and come on out. The SRAD is the bike to have in Gen II but look for Mark Junge to break out the Monster TL1000 in Gen 2 and of course Mike Burns has bought back the YZF 750 code named Velcro to join the party. My hope is that people building the Gen 1 and Gen 2 bikes will also race WERA V6,V7. If the drawback from racing V6HW is that we allow 1216's then I'm sure Mongo would be open to discussing rule changes. If you consider that the two biggest Vintage events in the US, WERA run AMA vintage motorcycle days, AHRMA vintage fest, have more people attend than most of the pro races you'd be silly not to come to both. V6HW will have a new racer show up for the GNF riding a super fast 89 GSXR, if you're there on Friday come on out and watch me get stomped. LOL

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Just make sure you are wearing the Pimp Apparel

18. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

19. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

20. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Unless it's a 750 wedged into a 600 chassis (cheater). I was informed that the hot ticket for the SRAD 750 was to install the 600 swinger for a shorter wheelbase, so someone might have just gone the easier route and dropped in a 750 engine. Too bad it's in GA as I would be looking very closely at it.