1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap Toy Hauler

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by Kurlon, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

So, I'm officially Toy Hauler curious. Next to no budget but I'm willing to travel to drive a rig home. Not looking for anything bigger than a FunMover 31C. Anything out there at the moment?

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

I have a Gulf Stream Track and Trail 17ft that I don't "need" any more. Bought last year, well maintained, been at the track 3 times and camping twice.

Msrp is 23, I paid 16 OTD, willing to negotiate reasonably.

1/2 ton towable, wd hitch, AC, microwave, shower, toilet, big tanks for its size. One trs plate installed on the right. Stereo, electrical awning, clean. 2 folding sofa beds and one pull down queen bed.

3. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Oh, I should clarify, I'm talking full self powered RVs, not towables. My tow rig tops out at 3500lbs so it won't be pulling anything of value. I will let a friend know as he's contemplating towables.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

To add to the requirements - Lift gate, and at the moment I'm restricted to something that is at or below NADA (after you click all the relevant details).

5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Do you want a factory built Fun Mover. Or is a converted U-haul an option?

6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I'm in a badly converted trailer now, so I'm game to look at all options. The one challenge I can see with the UHaul is establishing a value if the price is high enough that I have to finance.

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Still looking, gone from curious to absolutely want before the start of next season. Ramp door or lift gate preferred.

8. tack514

tack514 Well-Known Member

How about this package for $65K? 2015 Ram Cummins and a 2015 Puma Unleashed 356QLB.

Attached Files:

9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

That'd be awesome, but the trailer alone is bigger than I can put in my yard. :D About a 30' RV is all I have room for, budget is $20k max, and I'm limited to what NADA shows for value as I'll be financing.

10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Yeah, at this point I don't see this happening. What I've found so far is either:

A) Way WAY above NADA so no chance of financing
    B) At NADA but a complete disaster
    C) Custom coolness that doesn't show up in the books at all, again no chance of financing.

11. baconologist

buy a nice trailer

TLR67 likes this.
  12. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

So, buy a nice trailer that I have no place to store or means to tow... then what? I love forums but sometimes...

13. baconologist

It doesnt take much to tow a 5x8 or 5x10. If you have space for a 30' rv. You have space for a small trailer

14. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I already have a 6x10, I don't want to race out of it any more. I didn't start this not knowing what I wanted to move to.

15. baconologist

The reality is you cant move to what you want for various reasons. So make the trailer you already have better :shrug:

16. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

End of year bump, still looking for the unicorn in the form of a Funmover or Enduromax Gladiator style RV + Garage rig, under $20k and asking price has to be at or under NADA so I can finance it.

17. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Wasn’t Zemke just on here selling his custom rig setup? Sounds like that’s the way you are going. Would have to search for that thread.

18. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

If he was, I can't find the thread quickly.

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

It isn't under 20k...it is a sprinter van conversion.

20. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Home conversion or commercial? The right sprinter conversion I may pull out the stops to try and score, my friends with them love them. I've had no luck finding the post searching for 'sprinter' on the forum though.