1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Rules for 2018 Bikes not points

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by kenessex, Oct 6, 2017.

1. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

No pressure but if john shows up to that race and Gets 1st it will be mathematically impossible for either of us to win the national. Unless he crash or breaks... because of the points thingy we can't talk about

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And we appreciate it!

VFR#52 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can talk about it all you like.

All you have to do to win the National Championship is be the fastest racer throughout the season. Seems like that is John at this point... As long as he's faster I'm not sure why the points keep getting shit for his championships.

4. lanehammond

No the guy who started this thread said no points talk johns fast not taking anything away from him

VFR#52 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahhhhh got ya! :crackup:

6. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Bahhhahhhhahhhhhahhha.
    Yep start your own thread.

Steven Isenhower #52

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Sean,
    Any thoughts on the ironhead sportster? I am going to start collecting parts soon and need to know whether to go for 900 or 1000 topend parts.
    Thanks

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Right now my only thoughts are it's raining at Grattan and I've got over an hour left in this race :D

418 and VFR#52 like this.
  9. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Will you allow all twins 1000cc limit, why change ?

10. kenessex

I would allow all pushrod twins out to 1000. That would basically allow the BMW and MG go bigger. I don't think you can really get a triumph or BSA reliably past a 750 or a Norton past an 850. Putting all of that in perspective, I don't think it would really affect the hierarchy within the class. I think it will all depend on the rider, but a good Norton 850 would hard to beat. Based on the current rules, a good Norton 750 would be hard to beat. If you want to go with what is most reasonable, and XS650 built to the rules would be pretty darn competitive, wouldn't it?

11. Duck150

I'm thinking a Ducati 900 or Milie...

12. kenessex

OHC, so still limited to 750. But even a Bevel 750 would be a good choice.

13. drgonzo

drgonzo Well-Known Member

14. Duck150

Yea... sure, who has a extra 150,000.00 dollars to race that bike???

VFR#52 likes this.
  15. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Don't wanna poop on your parade but I won at Grattan. I was expecting Trautmann to school me as I believe that's his home track and I had never been there. The conditions were pretty shitty Sunday (especially for the endurance Saturday) and I'm guessing that's why Trautmann was off pace, but I was averaging 4 seconds a lap faster than him. We are pretty close to pace at PittRace so I was expecting a close battle.

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. Wheel Bearing

I need some clarification. What's the points worth at the GNF? Everything is double correct? So this should be the points for 1st-3rd finishes for the Vintage classes.

1st: 40
    2nd: 34
    3rd: 30

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes - towards the National Championships, not the regional ones.

18. lanehammond

I
    I forget you guys are both John.. I was referring to trautman.. I was pulling for you in that race good job

19. Wheel Bearing

Yeah you were pulling for me because if I won you'd still have a chance against Trautmann... LOL

VFR#52 and lanehammond like this.
  20. lanehammond

Yeah pretty much tired of him getting free wins cause nobody is up there to race him.. he don't want to come down to the south to many real racers... you gunna make the gnf?

VFR#52 likes this.