1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Rules for 2018 Bikes not points

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by kenessex, Oct 6, 2017.

1. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

That is what will happen. The 2006's are exactly the same, or hell ok you cut the brace in the frame then they are the same. So with this, it allows you to now run a race on Saturday that isn't a Solo. So that is who will populate it. Same with the GSXR's, I have an 2006 :D

I made the pitch for the class yes, and the reason being is that there is no reason the bikes can't or shouldn't be ran, if it puts more bikes on the track that could be potentially sitting at home notbeing raced then why not. WERA fit it in, and although there isn't a ton running there are some and that is money in their pocket. It is a very good intro type of class for new racers.

And in fact, next year I will run my 2006 GSXR. The only problem I have with them is the same problem I have with the SV classes, well when NOLA was still around anyways, there are only a couple of bikes out there racing. I am making reference to the older 2004 and below bikes. The R6's, F4i's GSXR's like Jaime has. Those are nice bikes that are capable of running well but would lose out to the 2006+ bikes.

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Lol yep.

Steven Isenhower #52

3. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Great sales pitch.
    Didnt you have a V7 bike already?
    Why didnt you use that sales pitch for V7 and there are still plenty of bikes sitting in garages still to this day?
    Yep i do remember you did.
    Even have a few vids. Lol

Steven Isenhower #52

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Again because it was just me and you racing lol. That's it. And I Learned a lot on that bike but it sucks racing with two people.

That sales pitch was presented to me which is why I bought the CBR

5. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

Well its the last class My bike is competitive in. Not that I wouldnt enjoy some bigger grids. Im fully aware of the 3rd gen model changes also. Oh well we'll see how it goes. If it gets too crazy ill get a newer bike or do track days or something. I'm running out of classes and money to build new bikes!

6. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Hell what you talking about?
    We last on grid behind 2 other classes.
    We have plenty to race with trying to pass them. Duh.
    And Red did fit V8 as Norman is doing?
    Lol.
    But im just picking on you dude.
    Be nice if you would have put that much evert into V7 to help grow class.
    I mean you raced V5 and had so many to race with there.

Steven Isenhower #52

7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I raced V5 on the EX250's in V5 and my 400 and FZR in V6LW. I've ran my fair share of vintage classes.

I could have ran the CBR but it ran its course. I like Racing different shit, even if I am slower on it. A lot can be said for racing the same bike though.

The R6's won't come out of the woodwork but I'm thinking they will show up eventually. Will really just mean more money for WERA. Then I think the rules need to be modified to stop the progression there. Or hell stop it now and hold for 5 years then go to the 2006's

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is the same thought process that has killed classes before. Or the thought that if you can't beat the guys running it now why bother.

On the 04/06 thing - where were those 04's the last two years?

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Stop and hold it for who? Your imaginary V8 riders haven't shown up yet, why would they next year all of the sudden?

There is no "more money for WERA", all of these ideas sound great but the reality is some of the classes cost more in trophies that go unclaimed than we get in entries....

cajun636 and VFR#52 like this.
  10. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

And now we know why i said put evert into V7 that is already being run.
    And plenty of bikes for sale also.
    Guess me running same bike last 7 yrs gets old for some.
    But im still improving it and finding its weak points.
    And fast guys keep showing up to challange lap times and results.
    But hey its boring and no one to race with in class. Yawn.
    Bahhhahhhhahh.

Steven Isenhower #52

11. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

Been running a 2004 since the class was annonced. Its a competitive bike, in v8. Can it run with a 06 daytona or R6? Nope. I get what your saying about not enough riders yet to matter. So when will it? If its a rolling 12 year and older class its kinda stupid because every other vintage class has a cutoff. Just my 2 cents

12. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I'm not prevy to the amount of entries. And to be honest, I'd have no problem with it. I merely thought that it would prevent the classes just becoming modern all together

If you remember a while back I was a big advocate for Double Headers. Always made more sense to me than Nationals and or the Vintage classes. So that would just be all double
    header weekend for the Big bikes.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How well has the hard cutoff been working in V6/V7?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I totally understand the thinking and I'm playing devils advocate as well as tossing out reality. I've said it before, I don't have an emotional attachment to the majority of the class structure rules (some I do just plain like and keep around too long like Endurance and even Twins and hell - Vintage as a whole) so I'm not arguing against anything as much as trying to get you guys to understand it all and think more so maybe we'll get some great ideas.

cajun636 likes this.
  15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Winning every race.... Mike Burns at least.... R1..

ToofPic, cajun636 and VFR#52 like this.
  16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

And there is your answer.... Have a Class in Endurance for Vintage Twins!! Bam... Years 98-03 Only apply.... :crackup:

VFR#52 likes this.
  17. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Hahahaha awesome hahahha

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Hey i have a few bikes.
    I can toss one together for that.
    Need funding to race it though for endurance.
    But id be in.

Steven Isenhower #52

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you named one rider/bike. How about all of the others?

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Been racing V8 HWT every WERA weekend I've made this year. In fact I'm hanging out at Grattan on Sunday literally just for V8 HWT instead of getting a jump start on the 12 hr drive back.

VFR#52 likes this.