1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Las Vegas shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Metalhead, Oct 2, 2017.

1. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

reading now that "Shooter wired $100,000 to the Philippines" on CNN. They aren't saying when he did so, or who the recipient was. So, that's where the girlfriend is now, and 'um, that's a lot of money if she's just there vacationing...

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

There was an early report that she had worked at the hotel. Don't know if it was true though.

3. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

It seems to me that the US is the most pluralistic society in the world, and has been for some time. But it's ugly and it's tough and the more we look at our differences, the uglier and tougher it gets. But then again, I'm a middle-aged, upper middle class, white male, so ...

As an aside, now I see new and different peoples migrating to historically homogenous countries, and the people in those countries, some of whom have bashed the US's handling of our own struggles with pluralism, are beginning to learn that the view from the cheap seats may be preferable.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's the kind of stupid shit the media has no business reporting without any kind of other information. There's no reason to speculate on it and since the cops have said his girlfriend is cooperating there's no reason to suspect her of anything.

Fucker killed 60 people. After that it makes no damn difference where he wired money.

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Actually it does if he sent it to a terrorist organization..

Pretty much everything he did, uptill the bullet entered his brain is relevant to the event.

In about a day and a half, there will be a few Lawyers who will point out every event on a timeline where Mandaly Bay failed as well as the Concert Promoters and Other Named Parties failed to provide Security for their clients...

His GF was in Japan last I heard.. they were looking to "bring her back asap".

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Get that information and then yes, the 100k becomes relevant. Without it, it's not relevant.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

See my edit: Relevance

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Nah man. I don't have all the answers and I don't pretend that I do. I'm pretty confident that we could pit by each other at a race track and have no issues and enjoy a few beers after. No doubt in my mind that we would get along well.

What I do know is that, I will never agree to the idea that gender is neutral and that it is a choice to the point where I'm mandated to change my beliefs and behavior in order to accommodate a dude using the girls restroom or chicks using the men's. I will never agree to this. I'm not restricting anyone or anybody to feel who or what gender they think they are. I'm not imposing anything on them but they are imposing their feelings and actions on me by changing my restroom.

I will never accept the notion that just because I am white, it automatically makes me predisposed to be a racist. The BLM is nothing but a racist group. No different then white supremacy groups. They both are evil. I don't agree with either, nor will I ever accept either of their beliefs.

I will never accept, just because I am male that I am automatically sexist, misogynous and created a rape culture against all woman. I like woman, in part because they are different then men. This doesn't mean I don't think they are equal-Just different.

I will never agree that guns cause violence. Nor will I support any modification of the 2nd amendment.

I will never agree that capitalism is evil. What other country offers so many opportunities to all people of race, color, creed than the USA. Anyone who chooses to makes themselfs valuable to society will get rewarded. $$$$. Capitalism is the foundation of our countries freedoms.

My beliefs don't make me hate anyone like I am told that I do. So when I don't agree to these things, I automatically become a target of BLM, GLBTQIR, feminist, libs and Antifa while being labeled any number of things and threatened with violence.

9. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

10. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I fully agree, except for possible the very last point. Preferable in the sense of expedience, sure. Preferable in the sense that some new occupants aren't pluralistic themselves, absolutely. But pluralism in democracy is needed for sustainability.

My point, lost on Fred, is that he indeed is fine shoving his views (e.g., status quo, oligarchy-infused rules) down the throat of others who see differently. If there is no give and take across the spectrum, and one side assumes all power and assimilates all the others, the American experiment is dead.

12. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I didn't mean to come across the wrong way. I was talking about modern civilized Western countries. Certain war torn countries in the middle east and Africa where people act like barbarians and have been fighting for hundreds of years killing each other is sad and won't change. I don't dislike the states, I just prefer to live in more simple places where a lot of everyday problems here don't exist. I travel a lot and the one thing that gets under my skin is ignorant people bad mouthing other countries, races, and religions that they know nothing about because they have never been there or meet the people from there.

I spent a decent amount of time in Europe when the whole George Bush Iraq/ Afghanistan war started. There were plenty of times when I was introduced or meet new people and was instantly out casted and ridiculed before I even opened my mouth. I stuck up for America and explained not everybody thinks the same way and its a giant country with many views and we don't want to blow up the world and force our values and McDonalds down your throats. After a couple of minutes and a beer we were all laughing together. Every now and then I would get a real ignorant stupid person that would be stuck on his ways. me "Why don't you like me"? him: "Cause your from America!" me: "You don't know me, we just meet. Why are you so pissed off?" him: "Cause your from America!" That was this idiots answer just like the same stupid ignorant people here who have a preconceived notion about a place, race, people and religions that they have never spent time in the country and have no idea about or why they don't like them?? Because they saw it on fox/cnn or there buddy took a cruise somewhere and didn't like it?

jase likes this.
  13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Bigotry knows no boundaries

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

dsapsis, you clearly misunderstand me. I'm for government in its strictest and literal sense...look it up, it means "self control".
    To that end, I believe we need to take away those laws that would have people depend on others for the benefit of being American. Pull up your own boot straps, get your own hands dirty, think with your own mind.
    Why does the right tolerate the left? Because that's what strong, compassionate and merciful entities do...we have the strength to suffer the weak and help them along. We DON'T have tolerance for the weak ganging up and demanding things we've all worked hard for to provide for ourselves.
    You wanna give? You feel some group deserves getting? Fine, but don't take those gifts from my pockets without my consent. And no, I will never vote for it. If I give, it will be a charitable donation in an amount I feel appropriate to an entity I feel deserving.

15. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

Ummmmm we aren't a democracy and have never been a democracy. You wanna see rights get trampled ? Give a democracy a generation or two.

I have no problem letting you have your freedoms. Hell im as conservative as possible (note I didn't say Christian conservative) , but that's me. You can live how ever you want. Just leave me to do the same. That includes my possessions.

But nooooooo people just can't seem to grasp that concept. You'd think by now we would start to figure that out.

You've got the left wanting to control certain parts of my life , views and a good chunk of my possessions.... then you've got the right wanting to control a little less of my possessions but also a part of my life and views.

Just leave it be . There's all kinds of things I don't like about certain people or lifestyles . I just adjust my life in a way as to keep my distance. That's all it is is a dislike it doesn't affect me unless I let it.

If we all concentrated on the "freedom" aspect to rally around we'd be better off.

blkduc likes this.
  16. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Exactly why were seeing people pushing back against the left, they don’t view it that way anymore. It’s now their way or no way. They have stopped talking. You must bake this cake, you must change your bathroom. You must ....

There is no conversation or debates to be had with them. They have created a massive divide by shutting the other side out to the point that the other side is now fed up. So you’re seeing people close their mind on both sides.

Future historians will either look at these times as the stepping stones to our demise or the tough years that we fought to keep open dialogue between those that have different views.

blkduc and galloway840 like this.
  17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I used a small "d". In the context I was using, it recognized the voice of the individual (which is a founding principle of this country, even though we have organized our governance as a Republic).

18. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Dude, i must admit, i believe most of what you're saying. Not too sure about BLM. But as a black man, i've experienced racist comments. I also believe that i cop will NOT give the benefit of the doubt to a black person. I'm sure you guys wont agree with me, but you haven't walked in my shoes or seen things through my eyes.

19. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

So you believe no one should help no one? If a person is down on their luck, cant eat, can feed their kids, to the hell with them, too damn bad. That's how you feel?

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

How did they get to that point?