1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Las Vegas shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Metalhead, Oct 2, 2017.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Nobody can. That's not what it's for. Auto is for cover fire and indiscriminate targets, and is very effective at both.

Either way, I was only commenting on the fact that the military did away with burst.

Britt likes this.
  2. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

My experience with a bump stock was pitiful. It was very difficult to hold it on target. More like spraying bullets in some general direction. The novelty wore off for me quite quickly.

crashman, JBraun and Britt like this.
  3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I can stay on for a 2-3 hits..then it is miss and stop.. with an FA/AR. @50yds.

5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Yeah the bump fire makes sense for the numbers to me. It’s effective to spray wildly but other than that they are useless

My experience with a FA would lead me to think it should have been higher

But we may have a new boogeyman called the bump fire stock. By all means ban those :)

6. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Jase I get what you're saying and it is a shame. I do want to point out that the hatred and violence from the left is growing out of control and that is an undeniable fact. You posted a video the other day of BLM people being welcomed in by Trump supporters at a Trump rally. This is simply not possible the other way around. Instead BLM and antifa are literally beating people with a different opinion and burning down neighborhoods. Watch your video again man, the hatred is there by both sides, but one side is acting out on it.

The bigger question is, what is really going on and why is this divide being grown?

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Seems odd that he used bump stocks rather than just covert the weapons. It's not hard to make a full auto AR15. Anyone with a little mechanical aptitude can do it. The only reason people don't is the looming 10 year prison sentence. He was clearly not deterred by that.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He needs to talk to someone.

XFBO likes this.
  9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'm not interested in having my beliefs or culture "enriched" by the beliefs and culture of others as would be mandated by government, which is how I see that unfolding.
    If I want to know about other's beliefs and culture, I'm quite capable of researching/experiencing it on my own.

What I'd rather see is primary laws based on common denominators like "don't murder" and "don't damage others persons or property". I think that covers a lot of bases, inclusive of basic human concerns from any culture. If you read between the line, you'll see that I didn't say "don't kill" and I didn't expound upon "damage" by defining it as theft, actual physical/emotional damage, unfair taxing, price gouging, etc.

I'll stop there. Any queries on the matter can be answered by referencing "Fred's Manifesto - the Guiding Principles for the Republic of FRED (Freedom Rings Every Day)". Someday, I may actually put them in writing. :D

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly...hell even a DropIn is easy ...and the info is everywhere on every other method.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thing is the US comes together all the time. Including in this tragedy. I mean real people who do real things, not idiots posting on a web board trying to look cooler than the last guy to say something outrageous or the media doing the exact same thing. Daily life is better for everyone than ever before - including in the hoods and hollers around the country. The chance to get our of either is better than ever. The opportunities are better than ever. The racial divide even with the media trying to wedge it open to get ratings is better than ever for the day to day people just out there doing their thing and living their lives.

Quit believe those who make money off of discontent. They're lying to you.

turner38 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mark is funny and totally delusional with all he posts about the real dangers outside of the US.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Post of the Year?

14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

But you are perfectly fine with it working the other way around.

Pluralism means folks get along despite differences in beliefs and preferences. People acknowledge that our nation is composed of individuals who have differences, and that if it were not that way our social fabric would be a lot less interesting. You win some, you lose some, and in aggregate, that's a very good thing.
    Coming from you, that is downright comical.

15. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

That vid i posted is a start. You nor I would have ever thought that could have happened, but it did. So it may start something, who knows.

16. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

17. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

The more accurate metric would be 500+/# of rounds he managed to get off. Whether he could have exceeded his goal by using semi-auto, none of us will ever know. We can't even agree about how many shooters or even shots were fired at Kennedy using a bolt action rifle, FFS!

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'm not forcing a gun down anyone's throat, nor am I forcing anyone to bend to my way of thinking.

Do you wanna make Pluralism another political platform/agenda? The left is already trying to shove other cultures and beliefs up our asses. Talk about forcing people to do things against their will...to what end?
    I'll decide who I want or don't want to know, thank you.

G 97 and turner38 like this.
  19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I think my point is more.. A trained individual with a real plan, would do more damage and We as a Nation should recognize that and be aware.. there are those who aim us harm.

Much like 9-11 was a few guys with a Plan.. and No Guns... no Bombs... we had no clue.

20. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Agree, and I made that point on earlier pages of this thread. Just imagine what a group of 5-10 similarly minded folks with a good plan could pull off. I suspect we don't see much of that with domestics though because most right wingers are patriots of some sort. Not folks looking for high body counts of fellow Americans. McVeigh and Nichols not withstanding.

Britt likes this.