1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Las Vegas shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Metalhead, Oct 2, 2017.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Actually it is don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I was buzzed so I took the high road.

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

There are a few of us who have worked in some shitty places. I have not been to China but I have been in South America, Cuba and Africa and have coworkers that have spent alot of time in Asia, the ME and Russia. You have bumped your head if you think the US is even close to as bad as some of those countries. Most Caribbean countries have a higher homicide rate than the US...

XFBO and sheepofblue like this.
  4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

2blueYam...

As to the first, as far as I'm concerned that's a religious (shouldn't have any input on legislation) or female (unless daddy wants the baby) issue. I don't believe either side should even consider legislating it.
    The second, both sides are guilty of corruption, perceived or actual. It seems one side wants to take from those that have and give it to those that have not while the other side wants to give the opportunity to have to the have nots. One is Koolaid (we'll flavor it for you from the sweat off working people's backs), the other is water (you want it flavored, flavor it yourself).

Perhaps jase tried to say, "I don't speak so much about the actions of the politicians within either group, I speak of the ideals each group supports."
    To that end, I don't support the left's ideals in action. I think they're admirable and honorable ideals, but you can't have 'em by taking from others.

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

This innernet thing ain't helping...
    The world seems like The Twillight Zone as of late. The scene starts in a room of mirrors...

Is there no one else here in support of pluralism?

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid: It is amazing how many people are so ignorant that they believe that full auto is so much more dangerous. Thanks Hollywood... Maybe I am the exception and just suck at guns but if I was trying to get alot of shots on target full auto would not be what I would want. About all full auto is good for is the intimidation factor of the sound.

V5 Racer and Britt like this.
  7. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Maybe if you're trying to hit one person, but if you're firing into a sea of 20k+, I think the full-auto is sufficiently accurate. And the numbers in this case seem to support that...

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

^This. When the targets are packed in like sardines, accuracy is not critical.

9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Accurate ? 59/23,000.

scottn and V5 Racer like this.
  10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Based on my experiences with them and looking at the distance that he was shooting from, IMO you would need to be quite familiar with full auto weapons to stay on target.

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

And has since gone away.

12. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

544/23,000 give or take from 400 yards plus elevation.

galloway840 likes this.
  13. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Accurate = 59/no. of bullets fired

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Replaced with?

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Far more accurate than that. He didn't fire 23000 rounds.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

544 includes scrapes and bruises..treated.

We are talking about Effective Full Auto Fire...(Striking the Targets). Or so I thought.

17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

The M4A1 is full auto

18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Beat me to it

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I have seen about 4 or 5 guys in the last 30yrs who can actually stay on target with one...and they shoot a lot.

EDIT: He was not shooting FullAuto.

"The Associated Press has reported that Mr. Paddock had two "bump stock" devices that could be used to retrofit firearms to make them fully automatic weapons, according to two officials familiar with the investigation."

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  20. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

casualty rate = 544/no. of people in target crowd

This sick fuck ruined far too many lives. Many more that the crowd upon which he preyed.

galloway840 likes this.