1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Las Vegas shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Metalhead, Oct 2, 2017.

1. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

Sorry I meant 5 minutes after he wake up , what facts. They had none. The prime minster of England said they did not have any yet , but trump did ?

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Please explain HOW.. you think this will work... no BS generalization be specific.

3. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

His brother says he is dumbfounded as to why this happened. Knew he had a few guns and last spoke to him when the shooter called to ask about damage from Irma.
    Girlfriend/roommate was out of the country.
    I disagree, see a) above. Norway mass shooter went to Poland to get his weapons as Norway has very strick gun laws as an example.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It was the basic storyline from the movie "Shooter"

5. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

It is not a mental issue or gun issue. The American sociaity is built on violence, the country is divided ,violent and I think this will be the norm and it will get much worst.

6. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Terrible news.

The round count had to be ridiculously high, unless a heavy number of injuries was from panic that followed. I believe that is mentioned in the news.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what "the divide" is with this shooting.. what was he "protesting against".

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

My brother, Scott was there. He got bump,bruises and some shrapnel. Unfortunately the guy beside him was killed. Got a phone at 6am to Let me know he was ok, he was obviously very upset. He was treated and released at the scene

Funkm05, SpeedyE, BHP41 and 3 others like this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well of course. This is my point. They didn't call for the abolishment of planes, cars or fertilizer did they. They took steps to mitigate the risk but not to ban or prohibit the use of the objects. They never singled out any specific object except of couse, when it involves guns - then it becomes the guns fault and not any person or flaws.

Person breaks into plane cockpit, crashes plane killing peeps.........We should reinforce the door.
    Person drives auto into crowd killing peeps........We should increase the perimeter and errect barriers.
    Person uses fertilizer as an explosive killing peeps..........We should incorporate an additive to make fert non volatile.
    Person uses gun to kill peeps............. We should ban guns.
    :crackup:
    The one flaw that was exposed in Vegas is the breakable window glass.
    Hopefully the hotels will start to utilize an unbreakable type glass for their windows that will mitigate this risk.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yet the facts bear out we are much less violent than throughout history. Weird.

Don't let the fact that you see more of it because that's how the media makes their money get you to lose site of violent crime decreasing regularly.

badmoon692008 and cpettit like this.
  11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Not very well, as the neighboring counties/states have very lax gun laws.

Um, great? Not trying to be snarky but really not sure what you're asking here. Is your point that people still do things that are illegal? If so, I think I conceded that in the first response in my post that you quoted.

The good news is, I don't need to explain - there's actually tons of real life examples of this. Perhaps the best and most relevant to the US would be Australia's ban in 1996 (after the Port Arthur Massacre).

[​IMG]

Unless I'm missing something, I believe you're agreeing with my point (I specifically called out "some" Euro countries as having strict gun laws). The issue with relatively open borders (in relation to both US states as well as Euro countries with the Euro Union) is that "your" county/country/state's gun laws are really only as restrictive as those of your neighbors.

12. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

what a dumb comparison.. sure there were definitely loops holes in the system prior to 9/11, a lot of which weren't considered loop holes at the time of the event. but after the event, a lot of things changed including regulations and security related policies that affected virtually everyone with an exposure to the aviation industry.

nothing of really any significance has changed in terms of guns, and probably never will.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

American society is built on violence. :crackup:

You don't pay much attention to the rest of the world do you. :D

14. SuddenBraking

The difference in the four inanimate objects that you listed is that three of the four all have primary uses which are wholly unrelated to killing.

15. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

News just reported the father of this guy was an FBI "10 most wanted" bank robber and had "psychpathic" history....Have you seen the interview of the dudes brother? Good Lord!

"He was normal...just a guy"

Yeah, -NO- chance of this cat being a mental nut bag!

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just curious - what percentage of guns are used for killing? None of mine have killed anyone or anything. I take that back, one of them may have done so in WWII.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

And yet the state of Indiana has significantly less gun violence but yet it's a conceal carry state. Geez I wonder why.
    Its funny blaming other states for Chicago's gun violence. If what you are saying were true Indiana should have way more gun violence but they don't. Keep ignoring the facts. :crackup:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  18. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I see the primary use of guns as putting food on the table.
    So does Liam Neeson.
    So does Jerry Miculek
    So does P. James Debney
    So does every employee of Colt Firearms
    and every soldier
    and every cop
    and millions of other people

Its a tool and a major part of our economy and life.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Firearm deaths went down, not homicides.

[​IMG]

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. SuddenBraking

To pretend as though Chicago's drug and gang culture vs Indiana's farmland culture have zero effect on the disparate amounts of gun violence there is intellectually disingenuous. If you'd like to try to make a cogent point that we can discuss, I'm all ears.

Presumably you're putting food on the table by killing it, correct? To be clear, I'm not for banning all guns and have cousins who hunt. That being said, I think we can all agree that every gun ever manufactured was done with the express intent to be shooting rounds which are lethal. Whether or not they do is another story, but that's what they're designed for.