1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stink Bugs

Discussion in 'General' started by Robin172, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

How the hell do you get rid of them?

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Out stink em.

Metalhead and aaronson like this.
  3. condon66

condon66 Member well known

4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

We're starting to get them too. Last weekend the wife was doing laundry and found one "eawww, eating her underwear" she said. I said "how do you think they get stinky?"

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

:crackup:

I've read that the best defense is a pan of water with a bit of dish soap. I hate those little bastards. They just started coming back this week at my house.

RightSideUp likes this.
  6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

MF'ers have been destroying my tomatoes for the last 2 months.
    For crops I use Neem Oil

7. condon66

That's not a defense but a way to catch them once they are already in.

8. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Extremely hard to get rid of these bugs for sure. I haven't seen any around my place in a year or so, but I'm sure they're lurking nearby and will be back.

I keep a small canning jar half filled with water / Dawn dish soap. Most of the bastards will fall into the jar if you just hold it under them and slide it up. Some need a little "encouragement" with the jar lid on the other end. Once they're in the dishwater they're dead and don't know it yet. The lid keeps the aroma at bay until you can get it somewhere away from the house and toss the dead carcasses out. I usually collect about 30 or so before renewing the dishwater.

I use Stink Bug Killer spray when I find a nest of them. They like to live in large groups in crevasses. I once found a bunch of them under a piece of tin roofing. Almost had to nuke them from orbit. Not hard to find the spray. Works pretty good.

9. rd400racer

Thank you Captain Semantics. I'm guessing most people understood what I was saying.

bleacht and condon66 like this.
  10. condon66

Spray the outside of your house with Demand CS and save the dish soap for the dishes. If you don't stop them outside, you will play catch the stinkbug with soap-water all winter.

11. rd400racer

Serious question after giving you crap...( you seem to know about these things )

I have no clue what a stink bug nest looks like. The little bastards just show up all of the sudden and then like you say, you can't get rid of them (true). I live in a large house...are you saying spray the entire house with this stuff?

I really can't stand these little f&*(%ers. The breaking point was drinking a nice bourbon and water the other night only to find one in my glass!!

12. condon66

:crackup::beer:

13. condon66

Spray the OUTSIDE of your house. All the inside corners, outside corners, eaves corners, around windows, doors, etc. This product and method also stops asian beetle invasion. Those are the little fuckers that look just like a lady bug. Like I said, these guys are looking for a place to spend the winter. At very first sign of them spray the outside. Trust me, you will wish you had started doing it years ago.

14. rd400racer

I figured it was the outside. I'll check into this stuff and get to spraying. It's either that or napalm.

Thanks

15. Robin172

I have them on the inside and the outside. I have been putting some panty hose inside a vacuum cleaner attachment and suck them up, I then take the stink bug filled hose outside and put it in a bucket of water.

16. condon66

The product I linked can be used indoors too. I use it outside at first sign so never had to use it inside.

17. Robin172

That sounds like the way to go, thanks.

18. Your wife wears "underwear"? Get that woman some panties damnit :)

19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

She had those when she was my girlfriend......the wife, and mother of my children wears underwear now.....

britx303 likes this.
  20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

These will do a job on them if you don't mind having them around.
    They're rather cute, actually.

jumping-spider.jpg

Steeltoe, TX Joose and britx303 like this.