1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica rides for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Do you have internet? I use sling and the coverage has been great.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not to take anything away from Josh because he gave Mladin a hell of a run that last season of his when the R1 first came out, but lest we also forget who had a BIG hand in that.....

[​IMG]

JustaNobody and sharky nrk like this.
  3. Benny isn't doing himself any favors. His team (dad) put a ton of work into that CBR and it is good that they got some support from Honda, but no amount of support/parts can make up for a shitty bike (with MA rules, obviously WSS is a different story).

I'm scared he will end up losing too many of his "prime" years while chasing results on a subpar bike. In the meantime, new riders are all coming up and getting better...and he will have missed his shot.

JustaNobody likes this.
  4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

MA silly season is gonna be fun.

Elias stays put
    Hayes gets a test rider contract
    Beach to SBK
    Gerloff to world competition, maybe Moto2

rcarson15 likes this.
  5. condon66

condon66 Member well known

These brain-dead whiners blow my mind. Maybe it's a low IQ thing or something. I don't get it.

jksoft likes this.
  6. condon66

Just because your cable doesn't provide it doesn't mean there isn't great coverage. Get the damn thing another way. When beIN no longer provides the coverage all the pissing, moaning, fucking clueless fucks, will complain that there are too many commercials, or this, or that. I swear!

JustaNobody likes this.
  7. BeIN sucks.

SnacktimeKC and DrA5 like this.
  8. condon66

BeIN sucks, Greg White sucks, Honda sucks, Nesba sucks....

9. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Would you rather have nothing?

Aside from some soccer occasionally Fucking up my DRV, BeIN has been amazing.

mike574 and minman26 like this.
  10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Count me in for loving BeIN. Although they frequently get the programs messed up as far as labeling or timing. Which could easily be an issue with Sling, haven't really investigated it much. I do like that you can replay the races any time you want.

cav115 and jonathanp like this.
  11. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

Bein through Fubo.tv has been great. Yeah, Greg White is a little much at times, but it is what it is.

12. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

No.

MotoAmerica wouldn't be where it is right now without them. Now keep talking shit and the people at beIN might pack up and leave motorcycle racing then all we'll have is shitty highlight shows and YouTube. I'm thankful every race weekend that beIN is broadcasting races commercial free same day if not live. If their contract ends and they don't pick it back up there will be a lot of racers and fans pissed wondering what happened to motorcycle racing in the US.

13. Oh lawd STFU. I only made that comment because of how worked up he was. Read the post directly above mine, I was poking at him.

14. condon66

I was joking

jeffr1ey likes this.
  15. condon66

I never would have guessed somebody would bite on that! I thought it was obvious.:crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

How's that 79 bucks a year work? Special deal to lure you away from some cable provider? My poor Google fu shows something like 20 bucks a month plus another 5 for the sports package (to get BEin)...

17. Skter505

You can sign up for only the sports pack, don't have to do the full SlingTV package. At first I paid monthly at $10 but then they emailed me or something for a yearly rate so I did that. I believe it's available to everyone.

18. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I'd love to see him and his team work something out with American Honda and the RoadRace Factory guys to run a second bike. Jake has made huge strides over the season on that bike and I think having a fast second rider would only help them get even closer to the front.

If I recall correctly, Benny Jr did some club racing on a last generation Fireblade not too long ago and stomped out the entire field.

19. Skter505

EAD. You complain about MotoAmerica and beIN every time it's brought up.

20. 1. Kiss my ass.

2. No I do not. You are wrong.

I actually think the BeIN coverage is very good. The only complaint I have had is that I wish they would allow you to subscribe to their website so you can watch the races online like WSBK and MotoGP.

As far as their coverage itself, I had 2 big complaints in the past:

1. They never took the coverage off the leader. I remember a particular race at VIR where the cameras followed the leader through every corner, of every lap, the entire time...and there wasn't a bike within 10 seconds of him. They never once flashed back through the field, mentioned any names, or even showed the battle for the Superstock win. If you weren't in the top 3-4 (which were always the same guys), you never got a second of air time. A lot of racers, fans, teams, and sponsors have a lot invested only to never get a second of air time.

2. There was no "ticker". On the screen you only saw the bike (leader). There was no scrolling feed showing other positions, lap times, etc. If someone wasn't leading the race, you had no way of knowing they were even in the race.

But in fairness to them, that has all been addressed. They are showing coverage throughout the field, and there is a ticker on the side of the screen.

Yes - I hate that my cable company doesn't/won't carry it, but I make due by watching them on YouTube.