The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

3. Especially over Vettle.

2. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

I have to say, I despise street circuits, especially in the wet... I wasn't too upset to see "The Finger" go out on the first lap, though.. :D

3. LilBabyGirl

LilBabyGirl Whiney Cunt

No idea why there's some much hate on here for Lewis? He's one of the greatest drivers of all time, if not the greatest.

Please clue me in. And don't give me the arrogant douchebag reasons. His talent is unmatched.

DrA5 likes this.
  4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Being an absolute douche isn't enough reason to dislike him?
    I never liked his "my shit don't stink" attitude....don't care how many championships he wins.

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Here's the problem with F1 in the last 20 something years (and I'll even include my hero MS)...F1 hasn't been about the best driver since the early 90's. Some would argue that it's been longer than that. It all comes down to the driver with the hot car that given year. Lance Stroll would beat Hamilton if they switched cars tomorrow. So to say that someone is a "greatest driver" in the current Era just doesn't really mean much.

gy999r likes this.
  6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

What?! Come on, too far.

7. LilBabyGirl

LilBabyGirl Whiney Cunt

That might be pushing it. Stroll is a fantastic driver but he doesn't possess the race raft racefraft Hamilton has. There's a reason Lewis just eclipsed Schumacher for pole positions. Lewis is always in the mix and for the most part is one of the top drivers rain or shin. Rain equals the playing field out and guess what? Lewis is still there battling for 1st. Keep grasping a straws. It's a toss up between Schumacher and Hamilton. Right now I'm leaning for Hamilton, hands down

8. rd400racer

I'm a life-long F1 fan. I got hooked as a little kid when they showed a snipit of a race on the Wide World of Sports one Saturday afternoon in the 60's. Since then it's been an obsession. I even get up at 2am to watch practice at the Far East races. But for the first time they are starting to lose me. There is no drama at all. The only question now is which red or silver car will win.

For the first time since the split, I'm getting back into Indycar. They may not be in the same league technologically, but at least you don't know the outcome before the race even starts.

The worst part is that the core of F1 knows there is a problem with their series, they just come up with all the wrong answers to fix it.

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sounds familiar. I've always been and Indycar fan, even as an eight year old (went with my DAD dozens of times to the 500) I starting watching the F1 cars because they looked similar to an Indycar, and some of the popular drivers would cross over to race. I came to appreciate the technology of it.

I agree the IRL puts on great racing. A couple of races ago, there were over 600 passes in that race. There are at least a dozen drivers that can win. Even today, the last race, there's 5 drivers that can win the championship.

Boman Forklift and rd400racer like this.
  10. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Was he drinking before the start? I understand the exuberance to get to the front on a wet track thats tough to pass with a great start but just damn....

11. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Meh, I think Verstappen and Kimi would have been fine if Vettel didn't try to block Max by yanking it to the left.
    Also, Ferrari's twitter feed going full retard, that is fun.

12. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

How many racing series (outside of spec series) comes down to the "hot" car or the one with most money? Graves vs Yosh. In MotoGP its the factory teams. The money is always going to win.

13. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I hate him bc he drives like a twat.

14. rd400racer

That's true, it just seems to me that the gap didn't seem to be so large. Now you have the mega-teams and then everyone else.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did you sleep through 1984? 1988-89? :D

DrA5 and rd400racer like this.
  16. LilBabyGirl

LilBabyGirl Whiney Cunt

By twat you mean legend. Your insult make no sense. If you were talking about vettle id agree. But come on man. Haters gonna hate. He's one of the greatest if not already the greatest. You're pathetic insult is unintelligent and childish. Grow up

ungwaha, The Great One and tiggen like this.
  17. LilBabyGirl

LilBabyGirl Whiney Cunt

You all for get that this sport is about skill and skill alone, it's not about pleasantries, courtesyies and manners. It's about winning, that's all.

18. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

You know what?
    You're right.
    My mistake.

19. rd400racer

I appreciate your unbridled fanboi enthusiasm for Hamilton as I've been known to be guilty of the same thing for Schumi. But I've come to realize that Senna had more pure driving skill in his little finger than both of them combined.

Hamilton the GOAT?!?

He's not even in the top 10.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You were doing well until this… And lost all credibility. :D