1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Potentiometer mounts

Discussion in 'Tech' started by DWhyte91, Sep 9, 2017.

1. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I'm looking at add suspension potentiometers for data. I've found a place that has the mounts but they're overseas and want my kidney for shipping costs. Anyone stateside make these? It's for a ttx shock.
    [​IMG]

2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I made several of those. Call Jon at ctr suspensions. He has them in stock. The ones for the fork that is.

3. DWhyte91

Ok thanks! I guess most people make theirs. I don't have the proper tools and would rather not hack something together.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Could probably have a machine shop make them for you for not the cost of an arm and a leg if you have some measurements to give them.

5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

For which shock?

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I had to make mine although I had to come up with a different solution for the rear as there was no room to get a linear pot in next to the shock on the single sided swingin' arm.

7. DWhyte91

I'm kinda lazy and I'd rather just pay the shipping for the ones that I know will work then deal with the back and forth.

TTX GP

8. metricdevilmoto

Does it have the threaded holes already in the lower clevis and shock body?

9. DWhyte91

Yes it does

10. metricdevilmoto

Use a piece of aluminum tube as a standout and run a piece of hardware through the heim joint on the pot. Make it only as long as it has to be to limit deflection, although there should be almost no resistance in a good sensor and the heim joint will take care of the rest. Not sure what pot sensors you're using, but I've done setups like that using Penny & Giles pots and it worked fine.

11. DWhyte91

I was going to be using the AiM ones but I'm switching my setup so I'll take a look at the ones you've suggested.

12. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

On our 2013 bikes we picked up these nuts from Scott Smart that had the pot mounts integrated for the rear shock:

[​IMG]

On the 2014 we had captive nuts so we did brackets like what metricdevilmoto suggests. We did need to do a small riser on the top mount for the 675 to accommodate the AIM pot we were using
    [​IMG]

Super Dave likes this.
  13. DWhyte91

I like the bracket idea a bit better. That way I can remove the shock/pot at the same time for a spring change and not worry about damaging the pot trying to take the shock out and it dangling around. The zx10 is a pain in the ass to get the shock out.

14. dhpiper478

dhpiper478 Well-Known Member

Anyone had any luck installing these on a '13-18 ZX6R? Trying to brainstorm the best way to make it happen? What did y'all use the grab the data from the pots? Looking at the AIM Evo 4.

15. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

A friend of mine that races CVMA and AFM has them installed on his 2013 zx6r and I am pretty sure Fuzzy from GP Suspension was involved in that somehow, might be worth trying to call him.

16. dhpiper478

dhpiper478 Well-Known Member

Could you pm me a number or something to bite on please? Trying to get this done in the off-season and work out the kinks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

17. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

http://www.gpsuspension.com/
    Mike Castro is the guy to talk to about the work he did for Daniel Riser's 636. Hope this helps

18. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

I have a few used Aim EVO4s kits that I'd be interested in selling. If so, PM me...