1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Braking brake rotors, any good?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by toybm, Sep 6, 2017.

1. toybm

toybm Active Member

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

If you must go aftermarket, why not some Brembo t-drive?

Or are you just liking the looks of the Braking?

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

The stock rotors are really good.

badmoon692008 and Robby-Bobby like this.
  4. toybm

toybm Active Member

Well maybe I should give more info.

I was looking at a set of the Braking SK2 because they are a 320mm upgrade with spacers for approx. $500 CAD, so the price is good vs BrakeTech vs Brembo

I am already running Stock rotors, Brembo MC, braided lines and HH pads but I find that after multiple hard laps my right arm starts to loose the will to squeeze (getting old). I was thinking that the bigger diameter would have me squeezing less throughout races and not killing my arm.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Vesrah pads. You'll lose the will to squeeze to prevent going over the bars. :D

borislav likes this.
  6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

a shitty HH brake pad on a nice rotor is still going to stop like shit. ditch them, scuff and clean your rotors, and put on some real race pads. i also like Vesrah over some other brands and am in love w/ the XX. u can find them cheap here https://www.kurveygirl.com/shop/index.php?cPath=29_30_32&osCsid=42fu5vp84hsf3f73bgm2u8bor6

re: your original question. ive seen a few racers use Braking rotors w/ no issues. but its not like they dropped a ton of time w/ new rotors.

badmoon692008 and JJJerry like this.
  7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

MC and pads will make a lot bigger difference in the amount you have to squeeze than rotors. Larger rotors will potentially shed more heat if you are having problems with brake fade.

8. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Sounds like a leverage ratio issue, not a rotor diameter issue. What Brembo MC are you using?

9. toybm

toybm Active Member

I've got a 19x18 with long lever. Thing is, I need to replace the rotors and thought why not go bigger as I'm getting them at a great price ($400usd for the kit) and possibly help add some leverage. I

I thought the EBC HH was a good pad and i thought larger rotors provide greater braking for the same input squeeze.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  10. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Naw, EBC HH is crap on the track. U are in for a treat after u switch.

rcarson15 and mpusch like this.
  11. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Where are your fingers on the lever? If they're closer to the M/C as opposed to the end of the lever you're loosing out.

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

To answer you're original question, I like Braking rotors, use them myself and put them on customer stuff.

13. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I have them on my 750 with Brembo 19x18 and DP race pads with Motul fluid. Slowing down is not an issue.

14. toybm

toybm Active Member

I think a switch is definitely in order. For some reason i was confusing the HH with GPFAX, and i thought i had good race pads. Switching now.

As far out as i can get them, maybe i need to actually work on my grip strength over the winter.

So plan is to change the pads to a real race pad, Vesrah or the like and get one of those squeezy things for the winter for my grip/forearm workout.

Bact to the intial Q, as i am changing rotors anyway, any problem with choosing the Braking rotors performance/reliability wise?

Thanks all.

15. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

truedisc LLC..............

16. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Another +1 for just starting with the pads. I normally run C60s on the track, but needed a set in a pinch, so I ran HHs. Definitely not in the same category. Faded quicker and needed more pressure to work.

17. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

09 1k Calipers......best upgrade for a GSXR

18. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Brembo 19x18 master+Vesrah SRJL-XX+Braking SK2 rotors on my bike and braking is phenomenal. Braking was great with stock rotors too but had to replaced them because they were warped. Go for it you will be happy.

19. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's been noted but bike would no longer be ss legal, assuming everything else is currently.

20. toybm

toybm Active Member

I'm good for all my classes here, "Aftermarket brakes are allowed, provided they are mounted in a safe, secure manner."