1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most mileage on your new vehicle.

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Aug 28, 2017.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

So, what is the most mileage you have put on a new vehicle in the first year you had it? So far I am at 50,000 miles on my truck since I got it in November. It had about 90 miles on it when I got it.

G Costanza likes this.
  2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Damn.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

My truck just turned two and it has just over 7000 miles on it.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

My 2003 F150 still hasn't ticked 100K.

7 years working from home, 7 in a company truck. Sometimes I drive it a few miles just to put a heat cycle on everything.

/threadjack

track wagon likes this.
  5. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Wtf?

laich528 likes this.
  6. backcountryme

I have had 3 trips to Toronto (and on to Moncton once) from Alberta. One trip to Texas, one trip to Oregon, and in a couple of weeks I head to Wisconsin then on to Texas again. Oh, and I just got back from Ontario, then on to New York State. I can't fly for most of my business trips because I need to take samples with me, and you can't fly with fuel. Ha

7. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

All my cars run about 90K miles their first year (except for the heapodung 2017 Continental) 25k miles in 9 months.

8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I can't remember the last time I bought me a vehicle with less than 150,000 on the odometer.

rk97, Steeltoe and V5 Racer like this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I believe you're in a Silverado/Sierra? Have you had any problems so far? How would you rate it?

10. backcountryme

Yeah, I have a High Country. It has been a good truck actually. The only complaint I have is the paint is pretty soft. Other then that it has been good.

Razr likes this.
  11. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

The clear on my titan is the same way. It's annoying to keep buffing all these tiny scratches that come out of no where. Are oem's using some new eco friendly paint/clear? Seems like a common complaint with a lot of new vehicles.

I've managed 48000km since November. Far cry from what you're doing.

backcountryme likes this.
  12. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

My 2008 MX5 is about to break 51k miles. :)

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

03 Ford E350 bought new while I was still racing. Put 24k on it he 1st year.
    17 Ford Transit Connect 8 months old 2300 miles :)

14. My Jeeps about 43 months old and just hit 22k :)

15. That thing must smell like a mix between beef jerky and fermented farts. If you ever sell it it will be like that sienfeld episode with his stink car.

50Joe and V5 Racer like this.
  16. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Everyone I know at work in St Augustine FL with a Titan is having the same problem with the paint. Some of them peeling on trucks less than 2 yrs old.

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

New vehicle to me, I may have clipped 80,000 miles the first year. And, about 50,ooo the second.

I acquired a new company vehicle two months ago. Ford 150. I have about 9,500 miles on it today. I am planning a trip out West. I may need to visit several states and include a visit to San Francisco within a month, so I may be on track to hit over 10k miles/month again. That may change, if I fly. :)

18. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I also clicked just over 16,000 on my MTS 1200S in a two-month period, following initial purchase.

pscook likes this.
  19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Why don't you ship your fuel ?

20. Maybe 6-8k.