1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA PIRC

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I only wish they had archived events but the live coverage is just fine. https://connect.beinsports.com/us/

2. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Are you asking which one? Or making a comment for PIRC to view? Or what?

3. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

They get posted on the BeIN YouTube channel within a week.

4. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Turn 1 is going to need a change, maybe add a gravel trap. Hayden G wasn't the first to go off there over the weekend, but was certainly the scariest.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Answering a post that addressed me.

6. condon66

The turn which resulted in adding the chicane has nothing to do with the expansion.

7. fastfreddie

So, this turn existed before they added to the track? Seems odd, I never had an issue with the original layout. Why is it a problem now...after 15 years?

8. condon66

Because MotoAmerica didn't race there before the new section was added. When they and riders first went there and initially evaluated the track they determined it to be a safety issue. If the owner wants them to race there and they say it's an issue, then it's an issue.

9. fastfreddie

Which turn?

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: Bein has beeeeen, berrrry beerry goooood to me.
    [​IMG]

11. condon66

Old layout-T9
    New layout-T16 (before chicane was added)

12. fastfreddie

Well, I can start again with the same comment I originally posted on the subject, #53. :D

13. condon66

Well, you'd have to ask that guy lol.

14. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Because it's a pro race and the racers are going through there a lot faster.

rk97 likes this.
  15. fastfreddie

I could say it applies to the new expansion owners as well, if they had entertained any thoughts of bike racing with professional riders.
    Admittedly, that turn is an eye opener upon first sight, but figure out the fast line that doesn't put you on a projectile path and rail that bitch. :D

16. condon66

If you figure a fast line that won't put you on a projectile path, then it won't be fast. If from the turn-in point up to the apex has you pointing at armco rails at a real good clip, how do you find a line that doesn't put you in danger? If 10 guys decide to take a "safe" (which will ultimately be slower) line, 1 guy will go ahead and risk the faster line. So therefore, the others will be forced to take that line or waste an entire weekend.

17. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Thank you....this is just what the doctor ordered...much appreciated

18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

How about paving some of the runoff area? It wouldn't help crashing riders but it would help bikes/cars that blow the corner..

19. fastfreddie

IIRC ('02), I went deep left on entry and railed down the inside of the right, making a B-line for the inside of T10. Granted, this was on a stock engined 996S, but no one with faster bikes was beating me through there. It worked well enough to turn 1:00s. (I was not a seasoned racer nor were most of the trackday crowd.)

I understand the higher speeds of professional riders absolutely changes the rider's approach as does the class of machinery.
    Eh, what do I know, I ain't been there in 15 years...and never on a 1000 at speed. :D

Then again, maybe I hit T9 like any other turn and the exit point was my brake marker. I don't remember now. <shrug>

Forget I said anything other than this...
    They couldn't have addressed issues with the existing track when paving an adjacent, whole new course?

20. condon66

Who knows? Maybe someone there thought it may be an issue but wanted to wait for input before taking action. I know this; I enjoyed that corner a lot. It took me a couple times around to realize I could keep it pinned through there on my SV, which was what I was on my first time there.