1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charlottesville, VA

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Buses brought them.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I knew busing was a bad idea.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

From a long way away. Both sides.

In Your Corner likes this.
  4. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

So where is the line drawn for what can/not be displayed? 1st Confederate flag is on the shit list, now Confederate statues and street/building names.

Drives me nuts to see the Confederate flag being flown haven't decided on the statues yet. Some of those dudes were pretty badass but on the wrong side of the issue. Some of the northern guys who have a few streets names and statues did some pretty shitty things. I guess to the winners go the spoils.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But the confederates lost. and the south will NOT rise again. Winners make the rules.

and 100 years later the sniveling pussies whine because they don't like the results and try and change it.

6. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

When I moved to TN about 10 years ago I was more than a little surprised by some of the attitudes here in the South.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

What exactly are you saying here? What rules? Winners? Sniveling pussies?? who are these people?

8. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

He did mention it in between talking about how great he's made everything in this country. Every time I hear him speak I think there's no way he could get any worse, but clearly there's no limit to the stupid that can come out of his mouth.

9. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Car driver was from Ohio?

A damn Yankee?

10. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

From what I've read, after the Civil War, the North, as part of its reunification and reconciliation efforts, allowed the South to erect statues and similar things (street signs, naming buildings, etc.). They won but didn't want to rub it in too hard. We were, in fact, one country after all. The problem is, we allowed statues to be erected to those who fought defending ideas that the winners had deemed unacceptable to society. It should never have been allowed. In my opinion, it allowed the South to continue to think their backwards ideas were acceptable :D

motoboy and G 97 like this.
  11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

You mean like the backwards thinking of further genocide that the North kept doing after the civil war?

12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

ALLOWED??? The North Allowed The South..........nice...."Yess'a Mass'a Boss, weez be pic'n yo cotton s'a"

13. britx303

I hear ya there........im tired of those sviveling little pussies whining about how offensive the Confederate flag is too.........they need a serious history lesson and a few lumps on their heads!!

14. britx303

Anyone ever notice how my own states flag never gets protested...............shows how ignorant whiny northerners are.:D

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Can't we all just get along?:rolleyes:
    At the current rate of contention I'm not going to be surprised to see our society continue to devolve into demands for removing all the Martin Luther King name on all the streets in the nation eventually. The South just might rise again.:D

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

LOL, made me look it up...funny.

Charles Calvert, Third Lord Baltimore

"He also ruled that only men who owned 1,000 acres of land could be elected as a delegate. He changed the voting requirements, because he was concerned that less wealthy delegates might oppose the Proprietary government.

Slaves's lives were made more difficult under Charles's government. During his term, the Assembly officially made slavery legal, and ordered that slaves serve their masters for life".

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Nice to see all of the Southern butt hurt still exist after a 150 years.
    Don't try and spin it any other way. Outside of a museum, there is no place in a public place or government structure/building for anything Confederate to be displayed. The stature need to be removed and in actuality should have never been erected in the first place.

What exactly does Robert E Lee represent anyway.

galloway840 and Focker like this.
  18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

About the same as Any other Leader or General... it is history.
    Like it or Not.

Shenanigans, dtalbott and crashman like this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Another idiot convinced the civil war was about slavery...

turner38, crashman and Britt like this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

It is history. There are more appropriate places and means to keep this part of history alive/acknowledged outside of a public place or government building.

I can't recall any statues of Hiltler being displayed while in Germany. There might have been but I didn't see any.
    I don't think there are any remaining statues of Saddam in Iraq either.
    Even though these too are apart of history.