1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | ROUND 07 | Infineon | 12-13 Aug

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Aug 12, 2017.

1. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Speed trap is on the back straight.

2. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

He's been riding like that for years basically.

TLR67 likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Herrin got hairball, quit trying to tie him to the murder of Jesus and for starting WWI. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  4. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Gerloff needs some Danny Eslick personality schooling and Danny needs to borrow some of Garrett's speed. I was hoping he would be up there in the mix with Fong and Scholtz by now.

5. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Man, Cam was getting sideways on that R1. I haven't seen him that comfortable on the bike all season.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

For all the new forks they talked about the teams getting I should have sold my apple stock and bought Ohlins. :D

Lewis went like mad. Just a few laps too many for him to get on the superbike podium but it was the best I've see him go (on TV) this season. :up:

7. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

He checked Scholtz on the start too. Lewis got hosed by the backmarker too, he probably would have stayed in front of Elias for a couple more laps. Fong's crash was odd, usually it is a little earlier or later in that turn. Herrin was just carrying too much speed, he'd have been Ok if Rog wasn't in the way. Even on my 400 the ass end gets light going over the top there.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  8. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

The ole "I must have hit some dirt"

9. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I feel bad for Lewis, he had a huge gap on those two before the backmarkers, was that guy who held him up for over half a lap not getting the blue flag or what?

Also, what the fuck is it with roadracing broadcasts and the end of races? That 600 superstock race was really fun to watch, then they show none of it the last lap and show a non-battle at the front instead. I'm glad they showed the actual racing for a bunch of laps but maybe let us see how it ends. Same thing with the 1000 race, they showed Cam on a parade lap instead of the guys behind him actually racing, I still don't know how Hayes got Lewis. How about picture in picture so they can show the winner and the action at the same time?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. 418

418 Expert #59

Herrin is a good dude but fuck, that was some meatgrinder shit. They're both lucky to walk away.

bbsteinnewyork likes this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Even Pridmore thought it was a shitty play. He went on about it for several minutes.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

At the very least not 5-6 corners in on the very first lap in a bad spot to throw it in in the first place. I mean Herrin's 8th in points 175 back from Elias, not battling for the championship like he was back in 2013.

13. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Am I the only one that wants to see Gerloff and JD on the super bike grid?

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Go Jake..... I hope he does the double!

15. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

He probably had a flag and if he'd been paying attention he would have moved out of the way. It's hard to pass in that section if someone is only a little bit slower. Some of those passes in the 600 race were really really ballsy.

bbsteinnewyork likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, but the guy has a long established pattern of riding hairball. He shows no respect toward others. I understand there are racing incidents and at times stuf just happens but Herrin has always been a little douche at the track and in the paddock. Sorry he deserves all the criticism he gets as he created the environment in the first place.

Que all the JH nut lickers to defend him.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    JustaNobody and gixxerboy55 like this.
  17. 418

418 Expert #59

As far as his riding , I agree 100%. Well maybe not 100% but I see where you're coming from.

Not sure what is up with the personal attack though. I don't know them all that well but hanging out at the Herrin compound Ive found Josh and his fam to be great people. So I'm assuming you got sand in your vagina over something personal with Josh. Or maybe you're talking out your ass like you usually do.

motoracer1100 and bbsteinnewyork like this.
  18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They're obligated to show the race win, even if it's just one guy riding by himself.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How many times have you met him?

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

More than a dozen times. But it only took once. The first time to form my opinion based on his behavior.