1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

numberplates custom graphics, logos and accessories

Discussion in 'Other' started by ckruzel, Oct 5, 2015.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Did you ever get a reply? I've tried 3 different times to get stickers made from him and I've been blown off every time.

2. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I gave up with him years ago. I think of all the money he could be making if he could handle the volume effectively.

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Pick up the phone and call him...... It works....

4. fastedyamaha

You do realize that some people hate talking on the phone right? I spend all day at work talking to people and prefer to text, email, or send pm's when I'm not at work?

5. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

None of them can handle volume. I've worked with a few, and it's always the same deal. That's the problem, there's a HUGE bottleneck in the motorcycle-specific vinyl-graphics market... and you're stuck simply dealing with it. I sympathize with them all, it's expensive to get all the infrastructure in place, and it takes a while to build up the template databases to make it even remotely profitable. It's a labor of love for a couple years until you can get efficient.

That said - Chris isn't any harder to get ahold of than anyone else, which is surprising given the level of clientele he works for. You do have to contact him on his terms though. And there's nothing wrong with that.

That ALSO said, since I have the ability to do the graphic design myself and I have commercial printer contacts, I may start looking to source my own media and do my own stuff in the future. That way I am limited by nothing but my wallet. But it also requires hours and hours of trial and error.

For my money, Drippinwet is the best of all the options. Deepest catalog, sharpest design, cleanest look.

TLR67 likes this.
  6. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I'm notoriously impatient when it comes to someone not wanting to take my money

almano and Wheel Bearing like this.
  7. fastedyamaha

I've talked to him on the phone and gotten blown off too...Suzuki no longer makes the decal I need or I'd have already ordered it from them.

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

FYI This is not his only Job.. So keep that in mind...... When I order from him I get him on the first ring.... He E-Mails me proofs right then and the decals are at my door a week later... Its best to catch him after 5 EST....

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

It's cool.. But when someone asks you to email them then blows you off, it tends to leave a bad taste. And he has done work for me before.

And it's not as though I didn't get the read receipts from email, or the check mark on IM that he read it. It's that rather than take my money (which I am happy to give because he does great work) he would rather post videos of random shit on FB.

I won't assume what message that it sends to you but it sends a big FU to me and apparently a few other people that he randomly chooses to ignore.

bleacht likes this.
  10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I say we blame the tube of faces then...... LOL.....

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Seems legit to me :D

12. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

This x1000. I haven't had any requests to him for a few years, but the very first time I ordered from him, I happened to get a hold of him first try. He kept me on the line and wanted to do everything right then and there. It was awesome. Next season, not so much.

The bolded part has so much truth to it, it hurts. And I've had this with other vendors, not just Chris.

13. Yellowgt5

Yellowgt5 Slow back marker

I called him up on the phone a week ago and we had a great hour talk. Got my stuff a couple of days later. The evening time is the best time to get a hold of him. Everytime I have called it has always been later in the day and it's always a good time catching up with him.

TLR67 likes this.
  14. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

phone is the easiest way to get a hold of me, i wear a headset around my neck pretty much from 9am until 2am, fb and other social media are the worst ways to get a hold of me, phone is first my business email second

my email was down between barber and a couple weeks after that (computer issues) with the new version of outlook i am finding peoples emails in the junk folder more than i ever did

here are some pictures of my plain gloss black shoei helmet i made graphics for, we will be adding other helmets in the future

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. ckruzel

i actually prefer phone calls, right now i'm having a hard time keeping up with fb messages, instagram messages, text messages, forum pm's and random posts on my fb, its a ton of clerical work for a one man show, last year i did 5562 orders thats a lot for one guy, i only do something right and to do it right it can take time on most projects while still keeping decals affordable to racers, my materials are top of the line, my files are sharp and clean (i'm very good with illustrator took it in school) and my colors are on point, my fb messages typically fill up with overseas bodywork and leather companies saying hello lets be friends we can work together........... or vote for my kid in this photo contest, i'm not a big smartphone guy, my desktop fb shows i think the last 7 messages and it can be easy with all those other incoming to bury them, i typically work from 9am until around 2am every day typically people will get on the phone with me and i can send screenshots to a phone or email on a project that way if they want to change anything i can do it on the fly rather than sending a pic and waiting until the next day to hear back, although not everyone keeps the same hours i do so thats going to happen here and there

16. ckruzel

grom kit we did

[​IMG]

shakazulu12 likes this.
  17. ckruzel

some race bikes we did

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ckruzel

black friday specials coming out tomorrow evening

19. ckruzel

2017 gsxr 1000 numberplates and graphics

[​IMG]

Clayton White likes this.
  20. Clayton White

Clayton White Well-Known Member

Can't wait to get my Suzuki decals hope they look as slick as this blue bike