1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You people seem to like guns so lets talk about em

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Jul 30, 2017.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

just picked up a sig 9mm for concealed carry. Getting my carry permit in a couple weeks. While I do live in a open carry state, I don't feel the need to compensate for a small pecker by showing the world my piece. Problem is this gun is more difficult to conceal than I realized. On my side is basically impossible. Doesn't fit inside my waistband and sticks out to much outside. IWB in the back kinda works as long as I wear a belt but seems like an awkward place to draw from if needed. Shoulder holster may be an option for winters and nice dinner nights but useless when I'm not wearing a jacket, which is most of the time. So what are your suggestions?

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

A smaller gun....easier to conceal.

3. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Ankle when in pants.

In the summer I carry a back pack often or fanny pack.

Ride safe,
    AAron

4. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

What do you mean, "you people"?

wsmc42 and badmoon692008 like this.
  5. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Hey Q.

Has First Kick in the 'boro been bulldozed yet? Just got me a stock, other than Corbin seat and windshield, '01 sv for the street! I know that excites you a bit.

You might want to try something smaller for concealment. Sig 938, springfield xds or glock 43 or something. Carry guns are a compromise, and the smaller framed guns are just plain easier to conceal. I'm thinking about a diamondback db9 if one comes along.

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I carry a full size 1911 and always wear an untucked shirt(normally a uniform button-up shirt) and it imprints very little. I carry cross draw, so the hand can push out just a little, but by habit, my left arm keeps it tightly covered.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Are you asking for ways to compensate for your small pecker? Can't help there. If only there was a thread or something about guns.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I've posted about this before. I have a Glock 43 for ccw and still don't feel comfortable with it all the time. I think the biggest issue is that I dress like a slob when I'm not at work, usually wearing athletic shorts/pants and tshirt or hoodie.

I was reading an article about it though that made sense. Basically, as long as the gun is secure and doesn't fall out, nobody is checking you out close enough to notice what you think is obvious printing. The people that do see it are probably carrying too and aren't going to make a big deal of it.

badmoon692008 and Laz like this.
  9. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

An actual gun belt and a drawer full of holsters that don't work is usually how this gets answered. You need the belt for proper support, and everyone's body type is so different that there really is no one answer to your question. I've found I can carry just about anything if I try out enough holsters and experiment enough. For reference, I'm 5'11", 170 and wear fitted clothing and have carried everything from full size service pistols and never really gone smaller than a Glock 19. All IWB. Just have to experiment.

ETA: Nobody cares if you print every once in a while btw. You quickly get over that fear. Just stop grabbing your shirt or touching the gun all the time and bend at the knees, not the waist.

Laz likes this.
  10. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

At 5'9" and 165lbs, I can carry a glock 19 at 12 O'clock in a bravo concealment DOS holster with a cross breed belt and you'd never know it unless the wind was at 15 mph and right in my face. Even then, the general public would be oblivious.
    IMG_4790.JPG IMG_4789.JPG Here is a CZ P10c which is marginally larger than a Glock 19 and a medium tank top. Not only is appendix easier to conceal, but it gives you better control over the pistol if a situation were to arise. In the summer months if I want to wear an even tighter shirt, I use a single stack pistol such as a glock 43, Springfield xds, s&w shield, etc.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Get a derringer and carry it in your front pocket regardless of the weather or clothing. Problem solved.

12. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

You should go Ruger LCP... it's about 45% of your Sig.:Poke:

13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Which Sig? I have a small of the back holster that works well with the 2022 unless you are sitting down (also have to use a real belt with it).

14. Slab-sided autoloaders print more than revolvers or autoloaders with rounded surfaces.

The other thing is that newbie carriers tend to constantly, unconsciously pat the gun to make sure it's still there, especially if it's heavy. I can almost always spot the newbie carriers because of this.

Smaller, lighter weight guns are best. There's really no reason to carry a hand-cannon unless you have a small penis (and if you do, just shove the gun in your underwear :D ).

I carried a 5-shot .38 Chiefs Special for decades. Never had a problem concealing it, never felt under-armed. If you need more than 5 rounds,or a bigger caliber to deal with a situation, you're either a lousy shot, or you're screwed enough that it won't matter what you're carrying.

And nothing screams "I have a gun!!!!" louder than a waistband pack designed to carry a big gun.

15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Which Sig?

16. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

You got a P320, didn't you? If you did, I've been wondering how that would work in concealment. I'm highly interested in that model.

You're slim enough, I figured appendix carry would work for you.

17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

This is what I carry on my person. That with RIP ammo and I don't need anything else.

r6boater likes this.
  18. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I carried the 320C for a couple days. Button down tucked into kaki's and no one at work said anything until I told them. It's carry-able but I'd probably like a shield or a G43 better because I'm a newb at carrying .

19. elevenn7

elevenn7 Well-Known Member

To the OP...I'm kind of in the same boat. My body shape doesn't allow me to carry IWB with my Sig M11 A-1 (pretty much a 229 w/no rail). My solution has been a fanny pack (511 brand) for summer. I'll go OWB at 4 o'clock during winter months. I love my Sigs and didn't want anything smaller because I shoot my M11 very well and love the fact that it holds 15+1. No one here in snowflake filled Portland Oregon notices my fanny pack under a loose T shirt.

20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Y'all are really wearing fanny packs? Fanny packs?

Cmon fellas.