1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Milennials are killing HD

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Jul 13, 2017.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It didn't do so hot in that the only people buying it were non-Harley types. Everyone I know that has or had a V-rod is exactly the younger, hipper type of clientele that HD wants to attract to grow their brand.
    But the more I think about it, I'm not sure they can really do anything to keep their market share. The world is changing and young people now don't tend to have the lifelong allegiances to a brand like their parents/grandparents. EVERYTHING is disposable.

Past Glory likes this.
  2. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Absolutely spot on observation. It's not like they are lining up to buy anything that has been deemed "sacred".

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Except for Apple products. That crap is important to them while to me, it's just the least amount of work to keep using and I only buy once every few years (when I HAVE to).

Past Glory likes this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Who would of thought that the savior of Harley-Davidson, the one who knows everything about their core and youth outreach initiatives, customer demographics, brand loyalty and product offering resides right here on the wera BBS.
    All those poor misinformed saps in Milwaukee not knowing anything about their own brand. :crackup:

Scotty87 and Gorilla George like this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We are the Oracle.

6. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Their one true loyalty. Perhaps Harley should seek that merger over Ducati.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

The chosen one.

[​IMG]

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm waiting for V Ger

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

You realize movie that came out in '79?....

The reference probably flew right over the majority of these young twerps head?

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

4k is killing HD, and it wasn't invented by a stinkin' millenial.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

4K is seeming like a complete flop.

12. cha0s#242

I watched a few shows on Netflix in 4k and it's pretty cool. Well, except for the gay sex and trannys closeups in Sense 8. :D 3D TV was a flop, 4k is the fastest growing format in NA :D

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I cannot be held personally responsible for deficiencies in their cultural enlightenment.

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Since it was the Wachowski siblings I tried a few episodes of Sense 8. Ugh.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

and then you wake up one day and realize 4k is not really even 4k

16. cha0s#242

It's not a bad show, there is just too much emphasis on the tranny stuff for my liking, nntawwt.

17. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Cultural Enlightenment!? It's Star Trek for christ's sake, not Shakespeare

And I did get the reference at first glance. Only makes me a nerd, not culturally enlightened. :)

Edit: I didn't watch it in the theaters though. I ain't that old

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The fact that I got the reference immediately makes me really really sad. And really really old...

19. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't have a preferred direction. Until I raced, I thought the 600-1000 class sport bikes were stupid too. They looked cool (much like many of the HD fans feel toward HDs), but they were painful to ride more than 30 mins. The reason I bought my first bike, RF600, over a similarly priced F3 was comfort, if you can call it that. Then I bought a 07 GSXR600 to go to track days and eventually race and realized all those design traits I thought were idiotic were actually useful. At that point I changed my thinking and realized the bikes weren't stupid the people buying them for the streets were. The bright side is that there are more spare parts for me when they inevitably wreck them doing stupid s#it.

My current bike is an 06 VFR and other than being long in the tooth, is a pretty good blend of comfort, ability, long term quality and looks for me. With the saddle and top bags, I could easily do a cross country camping trip with no issues. It was also a great deal at $10K out the door new.

20. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

4k is a half step to what we should have gotten, but TV makers wanted two opportunities to sell us upgrades instead of one. Bah, 8k is already live in Japan, but we gotta wait...

SirCrashAlot likes this.