1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not carrying Narcan

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Banditracer, Jul 8, 2017.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Another thread going to shit...

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Please don't go all $hit snob on us now. :D

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

What? I love shit. If I had to shit in the desert, I'd make a pattern of holes to rival the astrometry of Stonehenge.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Imagine the musings of future archaeologists.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

One can imagine the architects of Stonehenge pondering their awesome practical joke on us.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Great way to summon a Shit Demon, asshole.

[​IMG]

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

When I got run over it was a bit on pain meds, blocked me up like I had ate 40lbs of cheese. Every time I see those commercials I think yet another reason to avoid taking that crap (no pun intended). I only took stuff for about a week I think so I cannot imagine someone that was all the time. The people that are like ooooo my back then toss that stuff down like candy scare me.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't disagree with that either.

9. In Your Corner

I don't think there are any simple answers here.

Jeff McKinney likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Sure there are.

1: Don't do drugs.

2: Don't come crying to me if you ignore the first answer.

crashman likes this.
  11. In Your Corner

My contribution.

12. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Dr's were told the drugs weren't addictive by the manufacturers when they first came out. Now that we know thats a lie the good ones don't prescribe as much and will only give 6 to 7 day supply or should. But that's where the lawsuits against the Pharma companies has some legs because of their misleading info to docs in the early days.

you have the docs over prescribing then getting good patient reviews/ ratings which helps them with the insurance payout which then more addicts come and before you know it the Dr. is mainly pushing pills.

States are going after these Dr's and trying to get them off the "street"

13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Was it a lie or did more information become available? We are quick to jump to the first in criticism when the second is frequently true.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Forgive my skepticism, but MDs didn't question being told an opioid based medication isn't addictive? I have a seriously hard time buying that one.

Newsshooter and crashman like this.
  15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This. After 8 years of schooling you would think that someone tasked with keeping people healthy could connect the dots between opioid based pain medication and opioid dependency. Playing stupid does not work nearly as well when you have a doctorate in the topic being discussed...

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well opium is such a new and uncharted substance, you can't expect doctors to be aware of all the potential problems with its use.

badmoon692008, G 97 and crashman like this.
  17. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

ACA didn't have anything to do with the cost increase of the epipen.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yep...that one was indeed pure greed.

Newsshooter likes this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And fucked up patent law.

20. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I'm not blaming it all on the companies, that would be naive. Both are responsible but it's not all on the doctors initially which is why these lawsuits aren't completely frivolous. I'm taking a guess here but I bet Purdue had studies, science, etc to mislead all these people and it obviously was convincing to some smart people.

"In 2007, Purdue Pharma and three of its top executives pleaded guilty to criminal charges that they had misled the F.D.A., clinicians, and patients about the risks of OxyContin addiction and abuse by aggressively marketing the drug to providers and patients as a safe alternative to short-acting narcotics. (Doctors had been taught that because OxyContin was time-released, it wouldn’t cause a high that would lead to addiction.)"

http://www.newyorker.com/business/currency/who-is-responsible-for-the-pain-pill-epidemic
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/10/business/11drug-web.html

You can find other sources if those don't lean your way