1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap game of thrones!!

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jun 3, 2013.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Wait, what!? Are you for real? I remember there was some footage of them "sparring" in a gym a while back but hadn't heard this.

Is this the thing this season? Celebrity cameos?

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Oh wait, now that I google it. It looks like he was in at first, but later passed on the opportunity. My bad, false alarm.

3. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

You guys being all upset about some singer, singing a song from the book and almost no other dialogue, crack me up. It didn't add, or takeaway, from the story.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yes. :moon:

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Only reason I recognize Sheeran is I know his production crew. Don't care about his music one way or the other. I thought it took away from the story. Cheapened it IMO.

6. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Personally, I loved the Arya/soldiers scene. It starts out with her assessing the layout as if she's going to murder them all, but seems to become a moment of realization for her that these guys are just doing a job under orders. I thing the guy wanting a daughter rather than a son was the turning point. Arya seemed to gain an understanding that not everyone has a choice and that it's the sorry SOB's at the top that are the ones who are most deserving of her violent justice.

stk0308 likes this.
  7. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Maybe I missed it last season. Is the whole disguise thing the many face god alowing her to do it who she disobeyed. Or is it magic? A skill?

Either way she's the most gangster of all characters.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In what way, exactly? What was so important about his role that the scene wasn't as good as if it had been some other redheaded? I did not recognize him when I watched it. It was fine. Now that I know it was him, it changes absolutely nothing to my experience. What is making you guys so angry?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  9. shakazulu12

[​IMG]

Steeltoe likes this.
  10. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

That is the power of Ed Sheeran, even in a far away make believe land many years in the past, he gets the girls swooning.
    I also bet every female actor on set with him was all goo goo eyes. And a few male ones to NTTIAWWT

I will say that with all that is going on and has to happen in the story, that was wasted TV time. 7 eps this season and 6 next and that scene has to be in it?

But if we are analyzing dialog from that scene, I kind of thought that Arya was really just reminiscing about her dad when the guy says he wanted a daughter because they take care of their dad.

11. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Ed sheeran was a distraction because it was totally a publicity thing and hurt the believability.

If they would have just put him in as a character, rather than Ed Sheeran, the singer, it probably would have helped.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::crackup:

13. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

No one's buying that, Casper. :D

Sabre699 and shakazulu12 like this.
  14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Fuck Ed Sheeran. Other than the one guy in Mad Max Fury Road, no one like a Bard...

Arya - Rolled a 20 for the Total Party Kill!
    The Hound, growing emotions and a feeling of guilt?

Who grabbed Sam from the prison cell at the Maester's academy? An imprisoned Targaryan?

15. shakazulu12

I assumed that was Captian Friendzone, I always forget his name. Jora?

Lawn Dart likes this.
  16. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Jorah? - the dude who was sucking the high heels of Daenerys that got the Gray Scale disease

17. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Don't tell me you're too dense to understand plausibility in fictional stories.

I've got work to do and we aren't sitting together in real life where a real discussion can be had. In my experience last night, adding Sheeran took me out of the fictional world of GOT and into 2017 where I also work in music. My individual experience of the entertainment business made me see straight through the character know what purpose and reason they put him in the scene. For a brief moment took me out of ( for a lack of better words) "the zone" and made me go cmon that's weak.

I thought it was dumb. You didn't and that's about all there is to it.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's called "Suspension of Disbelief". Basically that's how all works of fiction survive. Otherwise nobody would read them or watch them. It's a risk any time a production has a cameo. Sometimes it works. This time it didn't. It took away from the scene.

You didn't recognize him. That's why it worked for you. If it was Gene Simmons you'd have been distracted from the story wondering wtf is Gene Simmons doing in this show? Or worse, Brittany Spears.

It's like poor product placement lol. When you start noticing the character is always drinking a Coke or something. Same thing lol.

19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Who wants to bet me that the hound becomes the savior of the realm of man in a final act of self sacrifice?

His character has transitioned the most in all the series. his arc seems is too important

NemesisR6 likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Cranial density is not distinguishing plausible fiction from implausible stories. The plausibility train left the station in the first season.