1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire carts? Where to get 'em?

Discussion in 'General' started by gapman789, Jun 27, 2017.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

What are some good, reasonably priced tire carts and where to get them?

Every time I'm packing rims and tires back and forth at the track, i swear I'm gonna buy a tire cart but never do.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Sam's Club used to carry a Fold-it replica that was like $60 for a while. Don't know if you can still find them though. Most of the online places that carry the Tipke/Fold-it marine utility carts hover around the $200-225 price range from what I've seen.

track wagon likes this.
  3. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I was at a West Marine and they had a dock cart, same as a fold up tire cart. Can't remember the price though.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

5. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Tipke folding carts.

6. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

That reminds me that I need to finish up my surfcasting cart. Been slacking.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

8. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Bunch on eBay too.

9. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Thanks all. I was hoping for a cheaper alternative. Those are expensive for a glorified radio flyer wagon.

10. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

I bought a folding one from walmart for $50. Its canvas like not metal sides/floors, but does the job.

track wagon and Bruce like this.
  11. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Use one a couple times, you'll see ..

GixxerBlade and track wagon like this.
  13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

What Eddie said. I bought three of the Sam's Club brand of the FoldIt carts when they clearances them out. Only 1 is still operable. The FoldIt brands can withstand the abuse, the others flat get destroyed.

track wagon likes this.
  14. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

So the Sam's carts weren't actual FoldIt? I remember kicking myself for not buying one the only time I saw them in there.

15. Hyperdyne

No they weren't. Not even in the same ballpark quality wise. I mean, does it work, yeah. But if the FoldIt is a 10 out of 10. The Sam's Club cart is probably a 6.

t11ravis likes this.
  16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

that seems to be their typical thing. I think the only thing worthy Ive ever gotten from there was my ezups.
    On the cart thing... I have a heavy canvas folding cart that has worked pretty well and holds 2 sets of wheels w/o issues.
    Also it looks nothing like the 20+ other carts parked at the tire vendor...lol :D
    Folds into an 6x6x14 log.

17. Hyperdyne

I have a lot of luck with Sams. We shop there quite a bit and so far it's been great for us. Their hard goods aren't usually the cheap quality of Wal Mart. My generator came from Sams and it's been awesome. No complaints at all.

18. My Tipke cart is going on 20 years - the last 15 in the yard. I had it loaded with 30 lb rocks last month working on a drain. Engines, dirt, gravel, kids. If a tree fell on it and finally killed it - I'd buy another.

ekraft84 likes this.
  19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Yeah, ours is 10+ years.

20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

bicycle trailers on craigslist go for $50-$75 all the time. They're already set up to be towed by a (pit) bike, and mine is rated to hold 100 lbs. of toddler. They also fold up for transport.

busa99 likes this.