1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syria 0 - USA 1

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/us-shoots-syrian-fighter-jet-syria/story?id=48119895

"At 6:43 p.m., a Syrian regime SU-22 dropped bombs near SDF fighters south of Tabqah and, in accordance with rules of engagement and in collective self-defense of coalition partnered forces, was immediately shot down by a U.S. F/A-18E Super Hornet," said the statement.

Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Fire on us and get your ass blown out of the sky. #AirSuperiority

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

#RussiaHackDistraction. :D

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Playing chicken with the Russians is not a good thing.

4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

60 minutes tonight ran a story on the Syrian civilian rescue forces called the White Helmets. Assad is bombing civilians over 100 times daily. These people go in and dig out the victims. Often Assad does a "double tap" where they wait until rescue teams start working, then they bomb again to cause maximum casualties. They are targeted too. If their identities are revealed, their house gets bombed by Assad. The White Helmets are heroes, these people are amazing.

Go find the episode and watch it. It's gut wrenching seeing these people being slaughtered. It's brutal, be advised it will make you very angry. :mad: Watching kids being dug out just damn. :(

Wingnut likes this.
  5. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

No worries. The Russians are well aware of their abilities to have their asses handed to them in a brown paper bag. But they also know that our weakness is our dim wit left, so I guess that it is a draw.

dtalbott and speeddaddy like this.
  6. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There's a documentary on the White Helmets that won the Oscar for best documentary this year.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I'll look for it. They must have used footage from that for this report. The news report really made my blood boil, I was not expecting it. The documentary must be intense.

9. luke738

luke738 Well-Known Member

The white helmets can die in a fire. That was a nice ISIS propaganda piece.

The first idiot in that film admits to fighting with ISIS before becoming a "white helmet." Here's an idea, don't let ISIS in your neighborhood and Assad might not barrel bomb you. Can't wait to hear why those poor people are powerless to ISIS.

10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

HBO (I think) had a documentary called "Cries From Syria" and it's brutal. Without going into details, bombng schools during school hours is actually one of the less horrific tactics attributed to the Assad Regime. The documentary also does a great job of showing how much of a clusterfuck alliances and alligences are - such as Turkey using the chaos to start bombing the PKK...who are the only ones fully focused on kicking the crap out of ISIS on a daily basis.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Gun laws. In Syria guns are banned for citizens. They were totally defenseless when ISIS rolled in. Bad guys don't follow gun laws.

12. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

How much of all this is propaganda to sway the public's opinion versus what is real

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

But what about the ONE child that it might save?

14. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

You mean that they didn't get the " gun free zone" signs up before they came rolling in???

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The Iraqi army had plenty of guns. They left them behind when they ran from Mossul as ISIS rolled into town.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

All of it.

17. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Did they leave enough ammo to do anything with the guns other than use them as very large paperweights?

18. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

"Hell on Earth" on Nat Geo I thought explained it pretty well.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't remember any of the reports at the time mentioning lack of ammunition being the reason for running. But I suppose that's possible.

20. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Even if the army had ammo if they didn't leave any of it behind the guns become useless pretty quick.